So if Moto +1 is 5.2, is that the large version? or..

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. But it proves that they can and have done it.

But it does not prove the financial and marketing viability of offering multiple close sizes to the entire country and world instead of one(abet large) carrier that is contracting, paying for, and marketing the multiple sizes out of their own budget.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but I am saying that moto needs profits like a desert needs water at them moment. Splitting development and investment dollars on production of multiple flagships instead of focusing on one may not make sense right now.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
According to some guy who know some guy who work for Motorola and testing the Moto X+1, it will be:
-5.2" 1080p screen with slim bezel.
-Camera will have OIS and larger pixel. Will look physically bigger than the Moto X with silver rim (I guess it is to use magnetic lense accessories).
-More software features.
-It will not have microSD (a good thing in my book).
-Snapdragon 800.
-3GB ram.
-Around $450 unlocked.
-It will not be as attractive as the Moto X.

Moto 360 have ability to show notification/time automatically when you stare at it (I guess we can ask Phil on this.)

Upcoming Verizon Droid will be 64bit and 4gb of Ram.

Take it with a grain of salt. If the price is true, hopefully the OnePlus resale price won't drop too much by that time so I can sell it to fund for this.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank God I have 3 new in box backup Moto Xs because It doesn't look like they are going to have the 4.7" form factor with high-end specs anymore.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank God I have 3 new in box backup Moto Xs because It doesn't look like they are going to have the 4.7" form factor with high-end specs anymore.
And assuming you use each for a reasonable amount of time you'll be rocking the equivalent of a Samsung Galaxy by the end come 6 years from now! 528mhz cpu with 128mb of ram and 8gb of storage baby!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
And assuming you use each for a reasonable amount of time you'll be rocking the equivalent of a Samsung Galaxy by the end come 6 years from now! 528mhz cpu with 128mb of ram and 8gb of storage baby!

All I use my Moto X for is as a phone. With all the tablets I have I never use the phone for anything else but to communicate and the Moto X does that job perfectly.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
And with that news, I am officially off the Moto X+1 wagon. Moto X going ride with me until I need to upgrade in 2015.

Posted via Android Central App

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Right now Moto X has best hardware for size. Super duper hotrod quad core phones throttle when pushed. That renders them underachievers. Moto X doesn't throttle. (G uses lower spec's quad for that reason). With larger size will allow better heat dissipation. This, I believe is driving force for size increase.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the "not as attractive" bit I'm actually ok with these rumored specs/features. I was looking at the current Moto X and comparing it to my Nexus 4, and noticed that it's actually smaller than the N4. A slight increase in size would not bother me.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
No it is confirmed to have a larger screen and I am thinking on moving to Windows Phone anyways.

.Smartphones are a convergence of quite a few discrete appliances. Phone, Camera, social interface utility... to name a few.
Currently the best in class camera is lumia 1020 which can be considered a camera with a phone attached. It runs windows 8 with a 8.1 promise.
This phone is relatively ancient.
Verizons ICON seems very promising with it's 20 M pixel camera, plus all the bells and whistles.
Right now seems like MS is doing all low-end phones, if they put out HIGH end hardware think they could be very competitive.
While i don't know that much about Nokia, seems like they have camera sauce down pat.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
.Smartphones are a convergence of quite a few discrete appliances. Phone, Camera, social interface utility... to name a few.
Currently the best in class camera is lumia 1020 which can be considered a camera with a phone attached. It runs windows 8 with a 8.1 promise.
This phone is relatively ancient.
Verizons ICON seems very promising with it's 20 M pixel camera, plus all the bells and whistles.
Right now seems like MS is doing all low-end phones, if they put out HIGH end hardware think they could be very competitive.
While i don't know that much about Nokia, seems like they have camera sauce down pat.

I never cared about cameras. I am only considering Windows Phone because I have an Xbox and PC and I want to simplify stuff. If anything I would get the Moto X before the X+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2