So if Moto +1 is 5.2, is that the large version? or..

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
just the updated version. It'll be sad to see the loss of a 4.7. (and yes, i know the 5.2 will have a small bezel).

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am still holding out in hopes of the Moto X2 coming next year in the same size as our beloved Moto X with just higher specs in the same package.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I think those of us who don't really enjoy phablet phones are swimming against the tide, sadly.

Ugh, sadly, i think you're right.

And not to be sexist (i'm female) but i can see why guys can just be over palm sized phones, they have those big 'ol pockets; and even those who prefer a more ergonomic handset can deal with it if need be. Maybe a lot of males don't even notice a difference btwn 5" body and the body of a 4.7 screen, and maybe they just plain don't want to ask in a store (do you have something smaller), and can see that males really do end up having to go along with whatever the majority of them decide (WE LIKE BIG, YEAH!), but why on earth do women go along with this s--t. i can't tell you how many women i've heard really dislike big phones, and yet...

Where are all my fussy sisters who refuse to accept such nonesense!? Srsly ladies, c'mON. lol.

Now i'm just irritated. Guess i'll end up holding on to my Moto X1 until 4 years from now the "mini" version they end up coming out with finally surpasses the original. wtf.

I know i have good taste, so i'll never understand why the tide never turns my way. (former webos user).

Last edited:

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i think they will make the screen a tad larger. i also think that moto considered the whole "it fits in hand perfectly" so theyre going to try to not swing away from that. i think they may bump the screen to 5" even to still have it fit perfectly. i def dont think moto x will be broken up into mini/large, thats why they have moto g+e. but nobody will know for at least another month or two.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's going to be 5.2 and that's the flagship version. There's also rumors of a 5.7-6 inch phone as well.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i think they will make the screen a tad larger. i also think that moto considered the whole "it fits in hand perfectly" so theyre going to try to not swing away from that. i think they may bump the screen to 5" even to still have it fit perfectly. i def dont think moto x will be broken up into mini/large, thats why they have moto g+e. but nobody will know for at least another month or two.

I really hope they keep the form factor with the new one. It seems inevitable that it will be larger, but if it retains the same ergonomics I could live with that.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
With the closing of the Texas plant, the future of Moto Maker is in question, as well as options like 4.85" vs 5.2"

I certainly hope the phone has a 5" or less screen!

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I am/was an iPhone user and I don't like oversized phones. I type this using one hand and swype. I hope to be able to do that with the new Moto X. Whoever hits the 4.7 but great specs iOS/Android has my money this fall. Google services work fine on both platforms so that doesn't bother me.

Sent from my Moto X...

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping this means they're offering two sizes - 4.7" and 5.2"

It makes a lot of sense and I can see Motorola doing it as it would tie in nicely with the customisation of the Moto Maker.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping this means they're offering two sizes - 4.7" and 5.2"

It makes a lot of sense and I can see Motorola doing it as it would tie in nicely with the customisation of the Moto Maker.
That doesn't make sense whatsoever. If there's going to be two sizes....there's going to be one with 5-5.2 inch screen and a phablet version. I think people here that are stuck with this concept of 4.7 is just wishful thinking.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think people here that are stuck with this concept of 4.7 is just wishful thinking.

not just that, but i highly highly doubt theyd make 2 versions of moto x just bc of screen size.

what moto could do is keep the x as their main "big" flagship phone (at around 5 inches) and make the g+e smaller iterations

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I think what will happen is they make the larger moto x+1 available at the current pricepoint of the moto x, keep the x, and drop the price down to 250-300 for the x.

Posted via Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It would seem feasible to me tho I'm no engineer. If they can make both a larger screened X and smaller one use the same PCB and making a larger battery to fit in the bigger phone then offer it in moto maker. The only way I see it being cost effective is to share as much as possibly between the small and large versions. I would think most of the cost would be in the PCB and components

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
not just that, but i highly highly doubt theyd make 2 versions of moto x just bc of screen size.

Why not? Moto has said they want more hardware user customization and this would be easy. Use the same internals and offer a choice in screen size, battery and maybe some other options...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2