Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So if Moto +1 is 5.2, is that the large version? or..

just the updated version. It'll be sad to see the loss of a 4.7. (and yes, i know the 5.2 will have a small bezel).

Default Re: So if Moto +1 is 5.2, is that the large version? or..

I am still holding out in hopes of the Moto X2 coming next year in the same size as our beloved Moto X with just higher specs in the same package.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I am still holding out in hopes of the Moto X2 coming next year in the same size as our beloved Moto X with just higher specs in the same package.
    Fingers crossed.

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

I think those of us who don't really enjoy phablet phones are swimming against the tide, sadly.
    ErnstMach likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    I think those of us who don't really enjoy phablet phones are swimming against the tide, sadly.
    Ugh, sadly, i think you're right.

And not to be sexist (i'm female) but i can see why guys can just be over palm sized phones, they have those big 'ol pockets; and even those who prefer a more ergonomic handset can deal with it if need be. Maybe a lot of males don't even notice a difference btwn 5" body and the body of a 4.7 screen, and maybe they just plain don't want to ask in a store (do you have something smaller), and can see that males really do end up having to go along with whatever the majority of them decide (WE LIKE BIG, YEAH!), but why on earth do women go along with this s--t. i can't tell you how many women i've heard really dislike big phones, and yet...

Where are all my fussy sisters who refuse to accept such nonesense!? Srsly ladies, c'mON. lol.

Now i'm just irritated. Guess i'll end up holding on to my Moto X1 until 4 years from now the "mini" version they end up coming out with finally surpasses the original. wtf.

I know i have good taste, so i'll never understand why the tide never turns my way. (former webos user).

i think they will make the screen a tad larger. i also think that moto considered the whole "it fits in hand perfectly" so theyre going to try to not swing away from that. i think they may bump the screen to 5" even to still have it fit perfectly. i def dont think moto x will be broken up into mini/large, thats why they have moto g+e. but nobody will know for at least another month or two.

I think it's going to be 5.2 and that's the flagship version. There's also rumors of a 5.7-6 inch phone as well.

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    i think they will make the screen a tad larger. i also think that moto considered the whole "it fits in hand perfectly" so theyre going to try to not swing away from that. i think they may bump the screen to 5" even to still have it fit perfectly. i def dont think moto x will be broken up into mini/large, thats why they have moto g+e. but nobody will know for at least another month or two.
    I really hope they keep the form factor with the new one. It seems inevitable that it will be larger, but if it retains the same ergonomics I could live with that.
    shaytoon21 likes this.

With the closing of the Texas plant, the future of Moto Maker is in question, as well as options like 4.85" vs 5.2"

I certainly hope the phone has a 5" or less screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_C View Post
    the future of Moto Maker is in question
    Motorola has already said that Moto Maker will continue.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/30...will-continue/

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I am/was an iPhone user and I don't like oversized phones. I type this using one hand and swype. I hope to be able to do that with the new Moto X. Whoever hits the 4.7 but great specs iOS/Android has my money this fall. Google services work fine on both platforms so that doesn't bother me.

Sent from my Moto X...

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

4.7 is sooo 2013

everyones going 5" or higher.
    AZDROIDX likes this.

I'm hoping this means they're offering two sizes - 4.7" and 5.2"

It makes a lot of sense and I can see Motorola doing it as it would tie in nicely with the customisation of the Moto Maker.
    On2Vegas and SpasticPat like this.

4.7 is sooo 2013

everyones going 5" or higher.
    4.7 may be 2013 but my hand size hasn't changed since 1990

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    paisley99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchyjam View Post
    I'm hoping this means they're offering two sizes - 4.7" and 5.2"

It makes a lot of sense and I can see Motorola doing it as it would tie in nicely with the customisation of the Moto Maker.
    That doesn't make sense whatsoever. If there's going to be two sizes....there's going to be one with 5-5.2 inch screen and a phablet version. I think people here that are stuck with this concept of 4.7 is just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    I think people here that are stuck with this concept of 4.7 is just wishful thinking.
    not just that, but i highly highly doubt theyd make 2 versions of moto x just bc of screen size.

what moto could do is keep the x as their main "big" flagship phone (at around 5 inches) and make the g+e smaller iterations

I think what will happen is they make the larger moto x+1 available at the current pricepoint of the moto x, keep the x, and drop the price down to 250-300 for the x.

Posted via Android Central App

It would seem feasible to me tho I'm no engineer. If they can make both a larger screened X and smaller one use the same PCB and making a larger battery to fit in the bigger phone then offer it in moto maker. The only way I see it being cost effective is to share as much as possibly between the small and large versions. I would think most of the cost would be in the PCB and components

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

not just that, but i highly highly doubt theyd make 2 versions of moto x just bc of screen size.
    Why not? Moto has said they want more hardware user customization and this would be easy. Use the same internals and offer a choice in screen size, battery and maybe some other options...

i highly highly doubt theyd make 2 versions of moto x just bc of screen size.
    You mean like they're already doing with the Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, and Droid Maxx.

Oh wait. That's THREE versions of the same phone.
    Thanked by:
    mush10 
    benhaube likes this.

Moto phone blocks go...
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    You mean like they're already doing with the Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, and Droid Maxx.

Oh wait. That's THREE versions of the same phone.
    Maybe Verizon wanted those sizes.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Maybe Verizon wanted those sizes.
    Maybe. But it proves that they can and have done it.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Maybe. But it proves that they can and have done it.
    But it does not prove the financial and marketing viability of offering multiple close sizes to the entire country and world instead of one(abet large) carrier that is contracting, paying for, and marketing the multiple sizes out of their own budget.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but I am saying that moto needs profits like a desert needs water at them moment. Splitting development and investment dollars on production of multiple flagships instead of focusing on one may not make sense right now.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast