Moto X+1 only 16GB?

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Windows Phone user, and I'm eyeing the One M8 for Windows, but if that doesn't come to AT&T as well, then I might switch to Android.

But with the X+1 spec leaks, it seems it will only be 16GB, or will offer a 32GB model as well, with no microSD. If there is no microSD, I need 64GB. I don't understand why they would downgrade storage, as the Moto X had a 64GB variant.

So my question is, will there be a 64GB model for this phone on AT&T, or will it have microSD? Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Windows Phone user, and I'm eyeing the One M8 for Windows, but if that doesn't come to AT&T as well, then I might switch to Android.

But with the X+1 spec leaks, it seems it will only be 16GB, or will offer a 32GB model as well, with no microSD. If there is no microSD, I need 64GB. I don't understand why they would downgrade storage, as the Moto X had a 64GB variant.

So my question is, will there be a 64GB model for this phone on AT&T, or will it have microSD? Thanks.

64GB was very late in the X's life.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it's because of the benchmark results are showing a 16gb. I'm sure there will be a 32gb and 64gb. The 64gb may be later like what was stated above.

Posted via Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Let's just put it like this, if it is 16gb only with no sd, that is a no go for me. I will buy something else. If it has 16gb and an SD, I will probably buy, but I will not buy right at launch.

32gb should really be the minimum. Sd or not. Anything less is pathetic. Apps and media will only get bigger as time goes on. Especially with higher resolution and 64bit happening.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They shouldn't do 16GB no microSD anymore. Either 16GB (or more) with microSD, or 32GB base model and 64GB option with no microSD

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

They should do whatever their market research tells them to. If there's evidence that people still buy 16GB/no microSD, Motorola should make it.

You don't gave to buy it.

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
They should do whatever their market research tells them to. If there's evidence that people still buy 16GB/no microSD, Motorola should make it.

Esh, no need to be so rude. I like the Moto X, I just want more storage. What's wrong with that?

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I am okay with that as long as they do what the customers want and not cater to the carriers. Let's face it, the more greedy carriers (read Verizon) want phones with less storage to force people to use the cloud. Which is fine on wifi but when wifi is not available, they hope you use data. Lots of data. The more data you use, the more money in their pockets. I was thinking once of getting the 64 gb Moto x but guess what. Can't with Verizon. Manufacturers were moving away from sd drives but many have moved back. All I know is that it is a lot cheaper to buy a larger capacity sd card than to but a phone with more memory. Sd drives are great for media (movies, music) that you would not want taking up your precious phone memory. Leave the phone memory for programs. I personally would love a moto x+1 in 32gb with a sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Esh, no need to be so rude. I like the Moto X, I just want more storage. What's wrong with that?

I'm sorry, Ry doesn't translate well to humans. It's definitely nothing against you. On one hand, you're right, it'd be awesome to see choices expand as well as capabilities. On the other hand, Moto got most of it's praise on the Moto X, G, etc based on very smart decisions they made that were the result of fairly extensive market research - I believe Ry is indicating that they did well capitalizing on that research once and should continue to look for the optimal results, rather than listening to what nerds like me want them to do :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, Ry doesn't translate well to humans. It's definitely nothing against you. On one hand, you're right, it'd be awesome to see choices expand as well as capabilities. On the other hand, Moto got most of it's praise on the Moto X, G, etc based on very smart decisions they made that were the result of fairly extensive market research - I believe Ry is indicating that they did well capitalizing on that research once and should continue to look for the optimal results, rather than listening to what nerds like me want them to do :)

Precisely.

Most OEMs don't make phones specifically for us. The net is cast much wider.

But what I love about Android is that there's something for everyone. You may not want an X+1 with 16GB and no expandable memory. There will be other phones that better suit your needs.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am okay with that as long as they do what the customers want and not cater to the carriers. Let's face it, the more greedy carriers (read Verizon) want phones with less storage to force people to use the cloud. Which is fine on wifi but when wifi is not available, they hope you use data. Lots of data. The more data you use, the more money in their pockets. I was thinking once of getting the 64 gb Moto x but guess what. Can't with Verizon. Manufacturers were moving away from sd drives but many have moved back. All I know is that it is a lot cheaper to buy a larger capacity sd card than to but a phone with more memory. Sd drives are great for media (movies, music) that you would not want taking up your precious phone memory. Leave the phone memory for programs. I personally would love a moto x+1 in 32gb with a sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Of the recent flagships from HTC, LG, Motorola, and Samsung, IIRC only the LG G2, HTC One (M7), and Moto X didn't have expandable memory.

People like to say it's a carrier thing. I'm leaning more towards an Android support thing. KitKat seems to better handle expandable memory the way Android and Google want. Now we're seeing micro SD come back to the G3 and One M8.