moto x+1 unveiled Sept 4th???

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what time the main event in Chicago will be? Strange there's no info on that and today's the day.

Posted via Android Central App

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Agree. While there is lots going on at the Samsung parade I'm more interested in what's going on in Chicago.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I know Andy Ihnatko is going to be there and I'd assume AC has someone there, we will have coverage but sure is getting crowded with all the other news.

ArsVendy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's ridiculous that among all these sites reporting and re-reporting that the event is happening today, none have said WHEN the event is. Is it an all-day thing and the big product announcement is just going to happen at some point during the day, or what?

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a twitter account that could tweet Phil or another member of mobile nations and ask what time? I am fairly certain I read somewhere on AC that Phil is one of the people in Chicago for the moto event.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola Event

No but really... What time is the event?...

It would be just like moto to never publish the time and then wonder why no one watched...

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Going to jump in this thread just to see if anyone knows/finds out what time it is, because this is an event actually worth watching.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Yep it would be nice if someone would post "9am", or "8pm", or whatever. I don't think they are doing a big production with dancers and videos and stuff, but at least knowing when we'll hear updates will be nice.

Of course...I could also just come back tomorrow and read it all. But what fun is that?

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I think this moto announcement is going to be way better than those made at IFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Phil Nickinson @philnickinson
For everybody asking about the time for the Motorola event, there is no single time. Or a single “event,” for that matter.

Well then, that's rather annoying. Sounds like an embargo then?

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I think this moto announcement is going to be way better than those made at IFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope so. I just can't stand the wait. I wish it wasn't just a press only event as well.

Posted via Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Motorola has no idea how to generate any excitement for thier brand. It is no wonder the whole world buy Galaxies and Iphones instead. This is a flagship phone that looks like it will have no formal release. Good job moto, you never fail to get something wrong...

Anyway, when is the embargo lifted?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well then, that's rather annoying. Sounds like an embargo then?
While the update is appreciated...this still makes no sense to me.

Moto sent out invites to an event, presumably included an address, and didn't tell anyone when to show up?

Unless....they are running an 'open house' kind of press event all day long with a NDA in place until a certain time.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me wtf this means?

It means there's no actual "scheduled" event for the public to see. Press will probably get a hold or have interaction with new devices, have time to do their write ups, Motorola will probably announce it formally sometime during the day, and then we get blasted with hands-on information later. That's my guess anyway...

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Possibly that he means there is no launch event at IFA. It's launching in Chicago, which it's only 9:30 here at the moment.

Yeah I know they're not launching at IFA. But his tweet couldn't be more cryptic. He could have said the same thing, and added that he would be going to the event at such and such a time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae