moto x+1 unveiled Sept 4th???

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
No public news on X+1 until tomorrow 9/5 (possibly 1:30pm CDT)

As found by youareme7

https://plus.google.com/+DerekRoss/posts/Hx6nrqv1pJJ

I seem to be getting a lot of questions regarding Motorola's "event" today and I keep seeing this question pop up on G+. Well gang, here's the deal. There's multiple private sessions going on today at the Moto HQ. Today is a time for members of the press to get a hands-on with the new Motorola hardware and ask questions in a classroom like fashion. This is not a public event and nothing will be showed or posted for a while. You'll have to wait for tomorrow's launch event.

Sound familiar? This is how the Moto X event went last year.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: No public news on X+1 until tomorrow 9/5 (possibly 1:30pm CDT)

Well at least that removes some of the suspense and I can put it out of my mind for the day.

Ph03n1xx

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the update.... is this a Non-Disclosure Agreement thing, where you aren't aloud to post anything from today's event until tomorrow?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Guess I'll wait to see what Motorola has in store tomorrow. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for the update.... is this a Non-Disclosure Agreement thing, where you aren't aloud to post anything from today's event until tomorrow?

Yes, they will be under embargo to not say anything. It's pretty stupid tbh, esp since they tweeted and G+ msged from Moto account that "The wait is almost over" yesterday and showed the picture that the press showed of the event today.

Things like this rly turn me off to Moto, if they knew they were having a hangout tomorrow to announce it then that's what they should of let the "press" share with consumers. Not a private event with no information given about upcoming devices. Idr last year how it happened, I know from Droid Life that they did it this way but I don't remember if they announced it to consumers that press was getting a look or not.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the update. AC is usually on top of stuff like this but they botched this one. All their postings led me to believe that we'd learn about the new devices today.

Posted via Android Central App

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the update. AC is usually on top of stuff like this but they botched this one. All their postings led me to believe that we'd learn about the new devices today.

I agree but I don't think they were told what it would be. DroidLife's last podcast "guessed" it would be like it was last year where they got to go in and see it and be under embargo. So it leads me to believe that the press wasn't told the procedure ahead of time.

I think its Moto that dropped the ball on this one.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Event

Well that cleared things up. Going to be a long 24 hours. Why is it that time moves so slow when waiting for news or delivery of a new toy?

Posted via the Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Moto needs to fire their PR staff and take notes from anyone other than Google on how to launch a flagship product. This really kills any excitement that they were fostering. Moto is too busy shooting themselves in the foot to worry about gaining any market share...

Will there even be an official event or will "hands on" and "reviews" pop up out of no where like the nexus 5?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hangout: A First Look at the New Portfolio of Moto Products

https://plus.google.com/events/c04aaqgipehkadbje7tjp0vef48

Join Lauren Gellman, Director of Product Marketing, and Steve Sinclair, VP of Product Marketing, for a first look at the new portfolio of Moto products. They will be answering your questions live this Friday at 1:30 PM CT. Mark your calendars and post your questions using #askmoto

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

...the newfrommoto.com invite was for press.

that I know, though the press could have said something like "we're here, and we'll be able/allowed to report everything to you tomorrow or on 9/5"

Sounds like none of the press sites even knew what was going on. They may have only found out they they cant release info as they got there - idk. As I read somewhere here, another site "guessed" it would be same situation as last year's launch.

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Does Motorola have a launch event scheduled for tomorrow? All of the press I've seen refers to the press invites for today (9/4). I haven't seen anything about a different launch event.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Moto needs to fire their PR staff and take notes from anyone other than Google on how to launch a flagship product. This really kills any excitement that they were fostering. Moto is too busy shooting themselves in the foot to worry about gaining any market share...

Will there even be an official event or will "hands on" and "reviews" pop up out of no where like the nexus 5?

All Motorola put out was a press invite for the 4th. None of it said anything about a presentation or live stream. Tech blogs ran with it and people made assumptions.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Does Motorola have a launch event scheduled for tomorrow? All of the press I've seen refers to the press invites for today (9/4). I haven't seen anything about a different launch event.

They are releasing the products at 1AM Cst and will have a hangout with some Moto ppl tomorrow at 1:30 PM cst.

https://plus.google.com/events/c04aaqgipehkadbje7tjp0vef48

https://twitter.com/Motorola/status/507569150001041408

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

It's strange that they can't even tell is the time of tomorrow's event.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch