The new Moto X

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This new Moto X does look gorgeous but I think I am still going to hold out on the move to 5" 1080p till it also has an Adreno 400 series GPU. Coming from the Adreno 320 on the old Moto X to an Adreno 330 doesn't seem like enough to warrant the cost since I am still happy with it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This new Moto X does look gorgeous but I think I am still going to hold out on the move to 5" 1080p till it also has an Adreno 400 series GPU. Coming from the Adreno 320 on the old Moto X to an Adreno 330 doesn't seem like enough to warrant the cost since I am still happy with it.

GPU isnt much better, but that's because they added that GPU into their modified SoC. The CPU is a lot more powerful, and the display is probably going to be a little better as well. What I'm hoping for is an improved camera.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The adreno 330 is the same GPU as the nexus 5 uses. No problem with 1080p @ 445 ppi...

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The adreno 330 is the same GPU as the nexus 5 uses. No problem with 1080p @ 445 ppi...

That is a nice opinion but my money is waiting for better. My current Moto X will service me fine for another year np. I rarely get all excited from releases directly after my current model. I like skipping generations so the difference is much more noticeable and I end up just that much richer. It pays to have higher standards in the mobile market place.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That is a nice opinion but my money is waiting for better. My current Moto X will service me fine for another year np. I rarely get all excited from releases directly after my current model. I like skipping generations so the difference is much more noticeable and I end up just that much richer. It pays to have higher standards in the mobile market place.
Didn't want to cause anything. I interpreted your post to indicate the adreno 330 not supplying sufficient performance in this device. Just clarifying.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't want to cause anything. I interpreted your post to indicate the adreno 330 not supplying sufficient performance in this device. Just clarifying.

Oh no sorry didn't want to come off harsh. I just originally meant the difference between the new Moto X and old just is not enough for me. I do hope to inspire others to value their money more and try to push these manufacturers to make larger leaps per generation.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh no sorry didn't want to come off harsh. I just originally meant the difference between the new Moto X and old just is not enough for me. I do hope to inspire others to value their money more and try to push these manufacturers to make larger leaps per generation.

Unless they move their cycles from yearly to 1.5 to 2 years, I don't think that works.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless they move their cycles from yearly to 1.5 to 2 years, I don't think that works.

Hence why I skip gens instead of holding my breathe. Which I am perfectly ok with expect for the levels of toxic waste the mobile industry generates now-a-days.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hence why I skip gens instead of holding my breathe. Which I am perfectly ok with expect for the levels of toxic waste the mobile industry generates now-a-days.
Not to mention the chemicals used in production that give the workers cancers. I guess buying used is an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze