Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    9,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,099 Global Posts

    Default The new Moto X

    Choose the new Moto X:



    Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    That. Looks. Awesome! 😮😮😮
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Nice! I am curious about the Moto Hint.
  4. #4  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Nice commercial. Device looks great.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    9,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,099 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Luton View Post
    Nice! I am curious about the Moto Hint.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...moto-hint.html
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    24,415 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,858 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: The new Moto X


    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  7. #7  
    eak1570's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    I like the new moto x wallpaper..Anyone please share if u have one..
  8. #8  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    This new Moto X does look gorgeous but I think I am still going to hold out on the move to 5" 1080p till it also has an Adreno 400 series GPU. Coming from the Adreno 320 on the old Moto X to an Adreno 330 doesn't seem like enough to warrant the cost since I am still happy with it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    9,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,099 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That. Looks. Awesome!
    It does!
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    UJ95x likes this.
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    This new Moto X does look gorgeous but I think I am still going to hold out on the move to 5" 1080p till it also has an Adreno 400 series GPU. Coming from the Adreno 320 on the old Moto X to an Adreno 330 doesn't seem like enough to warrant the cost since I am still happy with it.
    GPU isnt much better, but that's because they added that GPU into their modified SoC. The CPU is a lot more powerful, and the display is probably going to be a little better as well. What I'm hoping for is an improved camera.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    This new Moto X does look gorgeous but I think I am still going to hold out on the move to 5" 1080p till it also has an Adreno 400 series GPU. Coming from the Adreno 320 on the old Moto X to an Adreno 330 doesn't seem like enough to warrant the cost since I am still happy with it.
    The adreno 330 is the same GPU as the nexus 5 uses. No problem with 1080p @ 445 ppi...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    The adreno 330 is the same GPU as the nexus 5 uses. No problem with 1080p @ 445 ppi...
    That is a nice opinion but my money is waiting for better. My current Moto X will service me fine for another year np. I rarely get all excited from releases directly after my current model. I like skipping generations so the difference is much more noticeable and I end up just that much richer. It pays to have higher standards in the mobile market place.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    That is a nice opinion but my money is waiting for better. My current Moto X will service me fine for another year np. I rarely get all excited from releases directly after my current model. I like skipping generations so the difference is much more noticeable and I end up just that much richer. It pays to have higher standards in the mobile market place.
    Didn't want to cause anything. I interpreted your post to indicate the adreno 330 not supplying sufficient performance in this device. Just clarifying.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    Didn't want to cause anything. I interpreted your post to indicate the adreno 330 not supplying sufficient performance in this device. Just clarifying.
    Oh no sorry didn't want to come off harsh. I just originally meant the difference between the new Moto X and old just is not enough for me. I do hope to inspire others to value their money more and try to push these manufacturers to make larger leaps per generation.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    9,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,099 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Oh no sorry didn't want to come off harsh. I just originally meant the difference between the new Moto X and old just is not enough for me. I do hope to inspire others to value their money more and try to push these manufacturers to make larger leaps per generation.
    Unless they move their cycles from yearly to 1.5 to 2 years, I don't think that works.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Unless they move their cycles from yearly to 1.5 to 2 years, I don't think that works.
    Hence why I skip gens instead of holding my breathe. Which I am perfectly ok with expect for the levels of toxic waste the mobile industry generates now-a-days.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: The new Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Hence why I skip gens instead of holding my breathe. Which I am perfectly ok with expect for the levels of toxic waste the mobile industry generates now-a-days.
    Not to mention the chemicals used in production that give the workers cancers. I guess buying used is an option.

Similar Threads

  1. The gold Note 4
    By deadp1xel in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 08:51 AM
  2. A new MeMO Pad joins us
    By Golfdriver97 in forum ASUS MeMO Pad 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 10:32 AM
  3. Acer's New Iconia 7
    By Golfdriver97 in forum Acer Iconia One 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 09:21 AM
  4. One of Acer's new tablets
    By Golfdriver97 in forum Acer Iconia One 8
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:34 PM
  5. The Acer Iconia Tab 10
    By Golfdriver97 in forum Acer Iconia Tab 10
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions