Moto X 2014 Moto Hint

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto Hint

Comfort will be huge here. I didn't really like the feel of the Sol republic buds that they pushed with the first moto x.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Hint

From Motorolas website:

Moto Hint

Pair with your Moto X and ask questions like, “What’s today’s forecast?” or “How do I get home?” and get answers directly in your ear. You can also hear notifications, make calls, and send messages without having to touch or look at your phone.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Is Moto hint Motorola's "version" of Google now?

*Edit - never mind! I see that it's the new headset. What I'm actually curious about is whether Moto voice is duplicative of Google now.

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Hint

Is Moto hint Motorola's "version" of Google now?

*Edit - never mind! I see that it's the new headset. What I'm actually curious about is whether Moto voice is duplicative of Google now.

Moto Voice is Google Now. All it does is turn on the phone to access Google Now.

Posted via the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

That looks cool! And sort of uncomfortable haha. If it only had music playback controls.

That wouldn't work as it is too discrete, the whole point from what I understand is that it is supposed to be out of the way and blend in like the Moto 360.

They have a new philosophy of that devices should augment and complement your life and they are more personal. Unless you really looked in someone ear, you wouldn't notice this off the bat.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Really? You wouldn't notice a beetle sticking out of someones ear? Come on! Haha.

Music controls can be small. One tap to pause, two to FW, three for BW...you get the idea. But yeah, I haven't seen any hands-free devices that support audio streaming other than calls, so...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Because having earphones all the time can make you cut off from the real world.

When I'm at work, I usually keep just one earphone in and leave the other one hanging out so that I can hear when people talk to me but still enjoy my music without bothering everyone else. Or it can come in handy when you just want to add a soundtrack to your morning stroll but can still keep a conversation going (or maybe it's just me haha I'm not a big fan of songs with lyrics, I'm more of an instrumental, movie-score buff kinda guy).

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Really? You wouldn't notice a beetle sticking out of someones ear? Come on! Haha.

Music controls can be small. One tap to pause, two to FW, three for BW...you get the idea. But yeah, I haven't seen any hands-free devices that support audio streaming other than calls, so...

The ear is not the thing I look at first so that is why I said that.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about the sound passthrough feature, that's supposed to let you hear what's going on around you when it's not active. I could see using something like this regularly if I can forget it's there most of the time. Having a bluetooth headset in my ear and hearing the world around me in mono all day is a no-go, but if the audio passthrough on this is good enough, I could be intrigued. :) Waiting on some solid real-world reviews...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Also, since this is compatible with most phones, I don't see why it's under the Moto X section, unless that's just until a Moto Hint forum section can be created. It is its own device...

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

As far as "wearable tech" goes, THIS is the direction in which I would like to see it go. It's discrete (sorta) and you can audibly get the information that you need, when you need it. To me, it seems like a much cleaner, and appropriate solution than other options out there. I feel that all of these supplemental screens -- you smartphone, and your watch, and your Google Glass -- really disconnect you from your surroundings (and it's rude as hell).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

As far as "wearable tech" goes, THIS is the direction in which I would like to see it go. It's discrete (sorta) and you can audibly get the information that you need, when you need it. To me, it seems like a much cleaner, and appropriate solution than other options out there. I feel that all of these supplemental screens -- you smartphone, and your watch, and your Google Glass -- really disconnect you from your surroundings (and it's rude as hell).
Which is why I'd like to have the audio streaming feature to this. I like having my background music all around me, it just makes me happy. I just don't like to be entirely cut off from the world while listening to it (Plus, it reminds me that even though I can hear the music, everyone else can't and that bursting into song in the middle of the gym is not generally accepted as good behavior hehe).

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Which is why I'd like to have the audio streaming feature to this. I like having my background music all around me, it just makes me happy. I just don't like to be entirely cut off from the world while listening to it (Plus, it reminds me that even though I can hear the music, everyone else can't and that bursting into song in the middle of the gym is not generally accepted as good behavior hehe).

I guess I would assume you can do audio streaming, it just doesn't have buttons and is (of course) mono. It'd be very cool if they could offer a stereo version. I think what you were indicating - touch sensitive controls, is the only audio controls that could make sense with something like this. But I can also understand that since they weren't really targeting music streaming with this, that making it completely touchless makes sense. Perhaps if they could make another model with the touch control, and that would pair with this model to create a stereo experience and provide controls, and have zero wires?

anon(6022857)

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Since they're always listening, you'll probably want to wear them longer. Doesn't make sense to plug up both ears, IMO.

For sure, having one ear operation for your day to day would be great. But a secondary for stereo for when you are working out or walking around would have been a nice option. I have been waiting for a stereo BT headset that doesn't have the buds tethered together.

But for what it is, the hint should be very useful.

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site

This is far more exciting to me than a watch. My biggest questions:

• Will this work just as well with the original Moto X, or other phones?
  • Does it just turn on Google Now, or will it read cards that are currently only visual? (If it just starts Google Now, I can already do that with my Moto HX550 for $30)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae