If you get the Moto X with the leather Back, will you still use a case?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you spend the extra money for a nice leather backed Moto X it stands to reason that you won't be covering it up with a case?

It's tantamount to getting an expensive leather couch and putting cheap slip covers over it :)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the original Moto X with the Bamboo back and, largely because of it, don't use a case. I do have the clear plastic case that I can snap on but rarely use it; I love the feel and look of the bamboo (even as treated as it is) on the back.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Motorola covering accidental damage?

Anyone know?

like HTC. If that were the case I see no reason for a case

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the bamboo now and wouldn't cover it up. Love the look and feel. So nope I wouldn't cover up the leather that I'm probably going to buy.

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Lots of people don't use cases. I assume the premium backs are marketed to those people. (Who include me -- I bought cases for Palm Pilots ages ago, and realized I rarely used them, so I stopped.) I like the idea of premium backs. Too bad they come on such a whopping big phone that doesn't even do wireless charging. :(

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Lots of people don't use cases. I assume the premium backs are marketed to those people. (Who include me -- I bought cases for Palm Pilots ages ago, and realized I rarely used them, so I stopped.) I like the idea of premium backs. Too bad they come on such a whopping big phone that doesn't even do wireless charging. :(

Actually, I have almost always used cases on my phones. With the Moto X it is a combination of the design/grip of the phone, making it feel secure in my hand without a case, combined with how great the bamboo looks and feels.

It will be interesting with the new X if it has the same great feel in the hand. At least one review I read commented on how the new X, because of the extra width, is not as comfortable in hand. Obviously, how comfortable a phone feels to people is personal, so it will be interesting to hear what others think.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the bamboo now and wouldn't cover it up. Love the look and feel. So nope I wouldn't cover up the leather that I'm probably going to buy.

How has the wood back handled being caseless?

I think I'm going to copy that popular white/bamboo combo for the new x and keep it naked.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Leather is supposed to develop a patina as it ages. That's part of what makes it beautiful. Covering the leather with a case would be idiotic as the patina will never have a chance to develop.

And I don't use a case on my phone anyway.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How has the wood back handled being caseless?

I think I'm going to copy that popular white/bamboo combo for the new x and keep it naked.

Seems fine to me, but I'm very careful with my phones. Seems like slight crackle like aging of the wood. Idk if cases would prevent it or really what causes it. But personally I like that the phone ages over time. Maybe I'm crazy but it gives it some character and makes it feel more alive. 😁

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had a naked Nexus 4 for almost two years. There's no way I would put a case on a Moto X no matter the backing. The color/wood/leather is what helps make it unique.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX