Offered the New Moto X but Should I Wait?

mrjack

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm in a conundrum of sorts. What would you do in my situation? I have a guy who was lucky enough to get the new Moto X at the Motorola conference in Chicago a little over a week ago and now he has offered to sell it to me for close to what it will cost new (whenever they start selling them to the public). It is the standard default matte black back. So my question is this- should I wait until the Moto X is released to the public and have a customized one but pay a bit more (<$100) or buy this one from him and have the phone now?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If it were me I'd bite assuming it works on your network, etc. Customization is cool, but so is not waiting :p

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have never been the type to want thing early. I like to read some reviews and for the first 30 days a warranty is nice.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm in a conundrum of sorts. What would you do in my situation? I have a guy who was lucky enough to get the new Moto X at the Motorola conference in Chicago a little over a week ago and now he has offered to sell it to me for close to what it will cost new (whenever they start selling them to the public). It is the standard default matte black back. So my question is this- should I wait until the Moto X is released to the public and have a customized one but pay a bit more (<$100) or buy this one from him and have the phone now?
Do it!

mrjack

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I already have the 2013 Moto X. Is it worth an upgrade?

Depends. The biggest complaints I had with the original Moto X were how slow it was and the mediocre camera. This new Moto X is MUCH faster and has a better camera... just what the doctor ordered. Other great advantages of getting the new one: new & improved Moto software and the screen size (though the size may deter you if you love the small form factor of the original X). The rest is pretty much the same from what I can tell.
Hope this helps!

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Depends. The biggest complaints I had with the original Moto X were how slow it was and the mediocre camera. This new Moto X is MUCH faster and has a better camera... just what the doctor ordered. Other great advantages of getting the new one: new & improved Moto software and the screen size (though the size may deter you if you love the small form factor of the original X). The rest is pretty much the same from what I can tell.
Hope this helps!

What are you going to do with the old X?

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hope this helps!
It does. I can't really complain about anything and it seems like most of the software improvements are coming eventually to the G1 model. Maybe I will put my cash towards replacing my "ancient" nexus 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084