Android Power Camera Comparison: Moto X (second generation) vs. Moto X (first generation)

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the author was using auto focus or the exposure/focus point circle. With auto the outdoor image with the blown out sky vs the nice blue sky is easily explained since the camera didn't necessarily meter exposure from the same place. It looked to me like one was HDR and one was not.

Still, my biggest complaint was the camera was washed out and not as contrasty on the OGX. Nothing that couldn't be touched up in an editor though.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on the new one and trying it out. I wish Moto would put in matrix, center, spot metering selection for their camera menu to allow better pictures from those of us who know how to adjust these things.

Posted via Android Central App

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with the latest camera update to the original Moto X but it has gone to crap for me. Whites are really pink. I can't take a selfie without looking beat red. Last night I was trying to get a pic at the park and a certain direction I was trying to take the picture in would cause the screen to go near black.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with the latest camera update to the original Moto X but it has gone to crap for me. Whites are really pink. I can't take a selfie without looking beat red. Last night I was trying to get a pic at the park and a certain direction I was trying to take the picture in would cause the screen to go near black.

I've noticed that too. Seems like the white balance is messed up when it comes to sunlight.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Great read! However the camera is such a small part of the phone for me personally. I wish they had done better but by no means is this a deal breaker. I need to be honest with myself here and say that I have NEVER had a good camera on a phone. Okay at best. I don't expect my phone to take perfect photos anyways. Most of them are just for a mental note anyways and if I lost them I wouldn't be beat. If people think they will get a professional camera our of a Smartphone currently then I think they expect far to much. Even more so at this price range. But hey thats just me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol