Moto X 2014 AT&T or T-Mobile

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Trying to buy the unlocked 32gb Moto X 2014 on the Motorola website and it keeps saying that they don't have any 32gb available because the front color ( either black or white) is unavailable. If I but the AT&T one and pay full price through Motorola will that also come unlocked?

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T or T-Mobile

My guess would be no. The AT&T version will most likely be carrier locked. However, there is a possibility that you can call AT&T afterwards and get the unlock code. It would be up to them and their policy though.

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Trying to buy the unlocked 32gb Moto X 2014 on the Motorola website and it keeps saying that they don't have any 32gb available because the front color ( either black or white) is unavailable. If I but the AT&T one and pay full price through Motorola will that also come unlocked?
I don't think so.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

I'd wait till you could get a Pure Edition. No carrier software. Updates from Motorola not AT&T. I love my 1st Gen Moto X. I financed thru Moto and bought the Moto care option too.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I had a similar result when trying to get the 32 gig'r. Wait for the Pure edition, the AT$T will have their stuff on it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Fact: It will NOT come unlocked if you get the att model.

Fact: Bootloader is locked

Fact: You get att's crapware with the phone.

Fact: You get to wait for att to push out Moto updates rather than just wait for Moto.

Fact: If any of this is important to you then it will be worth waiting for the fronts to come back in stock.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
im just going to wait until at&t launch and order the conventional way witj and upgrade to the next program . I actually need two phones with different numbers for my company so im going to also buy the Z3 compact unlocked. :D

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Mine is in the process of being built. Won't be here until second week of October though. Lol. Got the Pure version. 32gig. Wondering if it will ship with L? Considering L will possibly be released then.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Fact: You get to wait for att to push out Moto updates rather than just wait for Moto.

Fact: If any of this is important to you then it will be worth waiting for the fronts to come back in stock.

Absolutely correct. The only thing I would add is at least AT&T tends to have less crapware than Verizon, and it can be disabled, but the Pure Edition is the way to go on this phone.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if Motorola is having website problems or if they are really sold out of the 32gb unlocked model. I have been trying for 3 days to order and it always says I can't order the 32 only the 16

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Random question - and I'm not sure if anyone here has the answer.

So my current contract with Sprint is up. I want to order a subsidized AT&T Moto X via Moto-Maker; however, I would also like to ensure that is a family plan so my wife would be able to port her number from Verizon and upgrade to whatever phone when she decides to do so.

Would this entail me starting an AT&T account when ordering my phone via Moto-Maker and adding my wife sometime after? Or am I limited to a single account somehow when ordering through Moto-Maker?

Thanks for any help!

jbern8

May 24, 2010
Visit site

So my current contract with Sprint is up. I want to order a subsidized AT&T Moto X via Moto-Maker; however, I would also like to ensure that is a family plan so my wife would be able to port her number from Verizon and upgrade to whatever phone when she decides to do so.

Would this entail me starting an AT&T account when ordering my phone via Moto-Maker and adding my wife sometime after? Or am I limited to a single account somehow when ordering through Moto-Maker?

Thanks for any help!

At&t mobile share value plans are group plans group plans, all it takes is a adding another device and adjusting the data share amount if necessary.

Posted via the Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

You also get lower resale value with the AT&T version.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for any help!

If you're willing to brave an AT&T store, you can go in and set up your new account with them, port your number, and pay for the phone there. They'll give you a card that you can redeem on MotoMaker to custom-design your device. That's how they did initial sales of the 2013 Moto X. Worked pretty smoothly for me on Day One of availability last year.

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I appreciate all of the help. Thanks again. Looking forward to picking this phone up in the coming weeks. Will be a nice upgrade from an HTC Evo 4G LTE (which I enjoyed), and most importantly - goodbye Sprint.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate all of the help. Thanks again. Looking forward to picking this phone up in the coming weeks. Will be a nice upgrade from an HTC Evo 4G LTE (which I enjoyed), and most importantly - goodbye Sprint.

Beyond Sprint there are data clouds that can be used! I'm replacing a M7. Like you I enjoyed it but I'm giving Moto a try this year. :)

jbyinc

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Whew! So its just a lack of units on hand! Good to know they will hopefully and soon be available again.

After waiting THREE YEARS! :eek And wrestling with getting a Note and now Note 4, I finally decided I will get the Moto X and the Moto 360. And I am planning a move from Verizon to T-Mobile. So the last decision is either to stay or leave Verizon after an almost ten year romance! :-X . Though I might call Verizon and let them know I am leaving and see if they will match the T-Mobile deal I built .

Keep us posted on how the setup goes.