Moto X 2014 Motorola Problems

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
What is up with Motorola? They launch all these nice products and yet they are sold out already???? No 32gb Moto X 2014 (unlocked) no Motorola Hint. I think somebody somewhere messed up big time.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola Problems

It means the phone was successful. Its a first come first serve. If you wanted one then you should have had it ordered. Mine was ordered the night it was available and I won't see mine at an EST time of 10/13/14....Why? I waited to order it. Its just how they go.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

No I actually think they didn't make enough phones because they were afraid it was going to flop like last year. And even if that was the case how come no Motorola hint?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

^ this is true however that's no excuse for what's going on. Yes its good they sold out but its extremely bad business to be at the level they are. I have 2 360's (ordered on the 16th) on the way but they're estimated to be shipped out on October 9th.. that's over three weeks of waiting.
I could go to best buy and buy another watch instead of waiting. Luckily for Moto, I'm willing to wait (unhappily) for it but how many more could they have sold if they had planned production better in line with demand?

I'm sure a good number of people who were going to buy the 360 are going to go get something else instead of waiting. Same with the new X...I couldn't order because I'm with Verizon.. If the preorders are already backed up 3+ weeks, how long am I going to have to wait for my new X? People don't like waiting especially when there is always something else just around the corner ,such as the new Nexus, that could pique my interest and then Motorola would lose me as a customer.

I'm glad Motorola appears to be having some success recently, they need it badly but every day they stand to lose more $ because they can't deliver the product.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (1st Gen.)

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

And why can't they be more like Google with the ordering? If the Nexus 5 configuration (color,storage) isn't available they give an estimate of WHEN it will be available. Motorola on the other hand just says it isn't available. Are they sold out? Will new one's be available soon? Nothing. Poor way of doing business.

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Yep, pretty annoying. Don't know why you can't put in the order it and then get an estimated ship date.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Ordered the 360 from BB, they canceled my order due to no units coming in. I am not going to buy it now. Waiting on something better.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Delayed satisfaction. All I see is a bunch of whining. "I can't have my fancy tech now! Screw you Motorola!". I'm sorry but it is hilarious to me. You can't wait a few weeks? It is that pertinent that it gets here NOW? Doubtful but I am just passing through, nothing to see here.

Posted via the Android Central App

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Delayed satisfaction. All I see is a bunch of whining. "I can't have my fancy tech now! Screw you Motorola!". I'm sorry but it is hilarious to me. You can't wait a few weeks? It is that pertinent that it gets here NOW? Doubtful but I am just passing through, nothing to see here.

Thank you for stopping by and adding absolutely nothing to the thread.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

On a real note if your that unhappy about the ordering process then please cancel so my phone can come to me sooner! However I'm willing to wait. :)

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

On a real note if your that unhappy about the ordering process then please cancel so my phone can come to me sooner! However I'm willing to wait. :)
What ordering process ? Motorola doesn't have one. That's my point. You can't order a phone. All it says is they don't have it in stock. You can't order it.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I think what he is saying is that he has one that is on order already that is delayed. I can understand your frustration. I'm waiting for VZW's to launch. What is your current phone? Are you having problems with it?

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Not everybody is whining. Even if they are, I think it's reasonable given how Motorola's rolled out it's products.
My Nexus 5 has a broken screen, I need a new phone. I prefer stock Android, currently the New Moto X fits my criteria perfectly. I understand they didn't have enough inventory to satisfy everybody, but at least give me an ESTIMATED wait time when it's going to be in stock. Even Apple sold out within 24 hours, but at least they tell you how long to wait. I just don't wait to buy another phone, and then find out the New Moto's are now available to order.
Sorry, but yeah that's not a good way to do business.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Wa Wa Wa Wa. You all sound like my 3 year old. Check back on the site once daily. It'll be back in stock before you know it!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Don't know why you can't purchase a fully unlocked 32GB version.

Motorola fail.

The weird thing is on certain color options, 32GB is grayed out.

I get the '32GB in the selected front color is not available for T-Mobile at this time'. And they are also showing a 4 week lead time on white fronts. Hope VZW's has all choices available. I may end up waiting for a couple of months now to get this first set of orders taken care of. It isn't like my OG X isn't working...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969