Reception/Connectivity question. Moto X (2014) vs GS5

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have the Galaxy S5 and even though I have full reception my internet connectivity is terrible. I can have 5 bars of service and barely get 1MB down. This has been going on since I got the S5 on launch day (unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to it until several weeks later when my buddy asked my why my YouTube app buffers all the time on my new phone). They've sent me a new phone and done all kinds of other diagnostics and trouble tickets. The only thing I can think of is that it's a design issue with the S5's and the way they connect to the towers near me. So now that that's out of the way can anyone who has had the S5 and the new Moto X tell me how their reception has been compared to the S5? I'm thinking of pushing Verizon for a totally different phone and I'm between the Moto X and the HTC One M8 as far as which one I want to push for.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Rich

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It could very well be better with the X, but that is not for sure. Moto typically has above average antenna designs.

It also my just be the network in your area or Verizon pulling shenanigans. With Net Neutrality being shot down at every turn, popular services such as youtube and netflix will become targets for throttling.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea it's everything though. Text messages don't go through reliably either. It all started when I went from the S3 to the S5. I was getting over 20mb down with the S3 in the same exact area I'm having trouble getting 1mb down with the S5

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you verified issues with other relatives and friends with different phones or even perhaps the same phone? Other words, does a friend with an iPhone or different Android on VZW showing the same issues? Does it do it at a different town? Trying to help you isolate the cause. And to add to Moto phones with connectivity, my old Droid 4 was only so so with both LTE and WiFi but my 2013 X is just awesome with connectivity. I also hear that the 2014 X is just as good if not better.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have another friend with the S5 and he had the same issues. My dad has my S3 and he loves it. No issues what so ever. Others at my work that have Verizon haven't noticed any problems and they have a mix of IPhone and Android...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2