WiFi help with new moto x

Droid669

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 2014 mot x last Friday on launch at Verizon and love everything about it. But I'm having a hard time connecting to the WiFi at my work. It works everywhere else, home WiFi and stores that have WiFi, but for some reason it won't connect at my work. And ideas from anyone? Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your work wi-fi require a password, either in the Settings>Wi-fi menu or on a welcome screen in the browser?

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I can connect at home and to the "guest" network at work. But not the actual secured WiFi one I want to be on. It says " connecting...saved" but never connects. And yes it has a password and is entered correctly.

kremus

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
We just got 2 new MotoX's in and we are having the same issues. Our corp wifi is Cisco using PEAP and un/pw authentication. When I look at the logs on our authentication server, all it is saying is, EAP type not configured. Not sure what the issue is. I went thru each setting on the phone and didn't get anywhere.

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I can connect to my work WiFi also using PEAP, but my weather app 'arcus' won't update its weather data. That app will work fine on my home network using WAP2 and also via the cellular network.

Update: I'm not able to download most data with my work WiFi. Something is not right, and it isn't the access point setup.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
We just got 2 new MotoX's in and we are having the same issues. Our corp wifi is Cisco using PEAP and un/pw authentication. When I look at the logs on our authentication server, all it is saying is, EAP type not configured. Not sure what the issue is. I went thru each setting on the phone and didn't get anywhere.

did you have any luck with this

kremus

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. As of right now, we are going to wait to see if Moto/Verizon release any updates, maybe Android L. Same motox 1gen phone works just fine. To the naked eye, everything appears to be the same between the 1g and 2g phones.

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing. As of right now, we are going to wait to see if Moto/Verizon release any updates, maybe Android L. Same motox 1gen phone works just fine. To the naked eye, everything appears to be the same between the 1g and 2g phones.

I am going to call Motorola again today. I actually dug deeper with my IT person. It is 100% the phone not our Cisco access point. This is what we found in the log every three seconds for my MAC address:

"Client Deauthenticated: MACAddress:9c:d9:17:a1:c8:51 Base Radio MAC:b8:62:1f:ad:5e:90 Slot: 0 User Name: unknown Ip Address: unknown Reason:Unspecified ReasonCode: 1"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The member BenjaminNYC mentioned in a separate thread about the possibility that some work wi-fi networks might have a protocol that requires a device to have a password or PIN lock. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it's worth trying if you don't have a screenlock set.

alear

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had trouble connecting to my router at home (a TP-Link Archer C7 model) but I was able to connect with WPS instead of manually entering the encryption info. Maybe give that a try if you can.

Alex

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Let us know where you get with that!!!

First they pull up my phone number. Bring up the wrong person's name. Then I have tell my story all over to the guy because the only thing the woman put in the notes yesterday was my email address. After she made me explain it to her 3 times and do all kinds of trouble shooting #shootme. I then was put on hold 3 times for level 2. By the way, when you call tech support they have now added a (press 1 for MotoX). I will try again tomorrow.

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this issue? I'm experiencing this problem as well and I too, don't believe that a firmware update to the routers is the only fix. I work in the IT department where I work, and there is no way I'm gonna get our network admin to take down our wifi to update firmware for a phone...

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Any updates on this issue? I'm experiencing this problem as well and I too, don't believe that a firmware update to the routers is the only fix. I work in the IT department where I work, and there is no way I'm gonna get our network admin to take down our wifi to update firmware for a phone...

I got a a 2nd Level Tech. She spoke with me for a while. Had me email all the info I had (access point messages, AC Forum links, XDA forum links) and opened a case and gave me a case number. She too agreed, she did not think it was our WiFi. She said she was going to escalate it to Level 4 Corporate support. I have not heard back. I was planning on calling tomorrow...

Kremus....any luck with yours?

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue. AT home it works but on public WiFi it doesnt I can connect but it will not go online I have unchecked WiFi optimization and will try to change to Manuel WiFi frequency band

Posted via the Android Central App

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have same issue. AT home it works but on public WiFi it doesnt I can connect but it will not go online I have unchecked WiFi optimization and will try to change to Manuel WiFi frequency band

Posted via the Android Central App

They had me do that on my first call and here I am 2 weeks later still not connecting