Moto X 2014 What are your favorite voice commands?

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of digging Moto Voice/Google Voice. I awaken my phone with the command "Awake Maximilian!" (anyone remember "The Black Hole?")

Best command I have discovered so far: "Play music." When I'm in my car, I don't even touch the phone. It connects to my car via Bluetooth and when I say "play music," it launches Google Play Music and just starts randomly playing something from my (free) Google cloud-based music collection. I assume it is using Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky Mix" feature to choose a random song. Pretty awesome.

What are your favorite voice commands?

Jagsrock95

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: What are your favorite voice commands?

I like using "listen to ___" since it's a tad more specific than " play music ". Also " directions to ___" or saying a team name to find out the score in a game is always useful.

Posted via the Android Central App

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site

Mostly map commands. "How long is the drive between ______ and ____?" "Where is the nearest Wendy's?"

Today I asked it to do a metric conversion. "How much is 100kg in pounds?" and it read the result back to me. Awesome.

Posted via Android Central App

StutterStep

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I use the set a reminder for me to do X when I get to Y , always keeps me on track with what I'm supposed to be doing at a location. I can be a little forgetful sometimes

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I use the set a reminder for me to do X when I get to Y , always keeps me on track with what I'm supposed to be doing at a location. I can be a little forgetful sometimes

That is actually a great one!

I'll clarify for those who are not too familiar.
Tell your phone:

"remind me to buy milk next time I'm at (enter supermarket name)"

This command is genius, due to it being location based, or I should say dependant on your location. you could be at the supermarket any day of the week, and so the notification will pop up when it recognizes when you're there: "get milk" :-D

Keep in mind, if you have a few of the same supermarkets in your area, it will usually, out of 3, let you choose the one of your choice. Meaning, if you picked the first supermarket, but found yourself at the second supermarket, it won't have a notification for you - because you set it up to remind when at the first one (same supermarket name but different address).

"remind me to take out the trash when I get home"

*home* needs to be set in Google now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton