Moto X 2014 How's the process of getting a Nano SIM for AT&T?

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping someone might have gone through the experience of getting a nano SIM on AT&T. My Pure Moto should be arriving soon, with a T-Mobile chip, and wanted to know what sort of hassle or common problems I might be facing trying to get a new AT&T SIM to work in the Moto X. My current phone has a Micro SIM, so it won't transfer. Any recommendations or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: How's the process of getting a Nano SIM for AT&T?

I was hoping someone might have gone through the experience of getting a nano SIM on AT&T. My phone should be arriving soon and wanted to know what sort of hassle, common problems I might be facing trying to get a new SIM to work in the Moto X. My current phone has a Micro SIM, so it won't transfer. Any recommendations or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

The phone should ship with a new nano sim in place, so the only thing you have to do is activate it. The phone also ships with a sim tool to open the drawer (which I forgot about last week and used a paperclip to open the sim drawer to swap sims from my 2013 X.)

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I should have clarified I got an Pure Moto and it comes with the T-mobile chip; which I'll need to swap out.

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

I should have clarified I got an Pure Moto and it comes with the T-mobile chip; which I'll need to swap out.

I went to the AT&T store to get a new Sim. They used the IMEI from the new X to provision the Sim but the database recognized it as an old Moto flip phone. I then had them use the IMEI from my GS4 and that worked. Hope this helps.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I went to the AT&T store to get a new Sim. They used the IMEI from the new X to provision the Sim but the database recognized it as an old Moto flip phone. I then had them use the IMEI from my GS4 and that worked. Hope this helps.

^^This^^ At&t apparently doesn't have the correct entries in their system to identify the Pure Edition IMEI number as an LTE enabled device. If your current phone has LTE then just get them to activate a nano sim to that device, put it in your new Moto X and you're good. I had a nano sim in the iPhone I had been using, just swapped it over and it worked perfectly. The Moto X picked up the proper APN settings without any problem.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Just go in and ask for a nano SIM. The should just give you one and have you call the 800 number to activate it. That is best case. Did you have an LTE device on ATT prior? If so you should just swap the SIM. Hopefully you won't get someone who complicates the process too much...

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

^^This^^ At&t apparently doesn't have the correct entries in their system to identify the Pure Edition IMEI number as an LTE enabled device. If your current phone has LTE then just get them to activate a nano sim to that device, put it in your new Moto X and you're good. I had a nano sim in the iPhone I had been using, just swapped it over and it worked perfectly. The Moto X picked up the proper APN settings without any problem.

Thanks!

Just go in and ask for a nano SIM. The should just give you one and have you call the 800 number to activate it. That is best case. Did you have an LTE device on ATT prior? If so you should just swap the SIM. Hopefully you won't get someone who complicates the process too much...

I have a Galaxy S3, which doesn't use the nano SIM card. Knowing the people who work at AT&T, I don't to wait an hour for them to tell it doesn't work. Once again, thanks everyone for your answers.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have a Galaxy S3, which doesn't use the nano SIM card. Knowing the people who work at AT&T, I don't to wait an hour for them to tell it doesn't work. Once again, thanks everyone for your answers.

Yes, sorry I meant since the S3 is LTE, just get the Nano SIM and swap it and then activate it.

shaurya947

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Just go to an ATT store and ask them to cut your micro sim yo nano size. The pure edition is unlocked and works with other carriers out of the box. This is exactly what I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton