Moto X 2014 WiFi and Settings problem

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Over the past couple days I have started to notice a reoccurring problem. I notice my WiFi stops working so I try to go to the WiFi page and it won't open. Either it will take me to a blank black screen or just will stay on the home page. So then I try the actual settings app icon and that won't even open either. I have this problem 4 times and 2 times already today. Each time I have had to restart the phone to get it working again. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: WiFi and Settings problem

Are you using any kind of battery saving app or power saver mode? Often these will cause the WiFi to turn off and may cause issues with opening it. I will say that Android has come a long way and they are not usually needed. Actually most report that they actually cause more battery drain by staying active trying to kill apps that almost immediatley open when closed and/or they cause issues like this.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

No I don't use any app like that. It just started a couple days ago. I also have noticed another problem where I will watch a video in landscape mode and the phone will get stuck in that. No matter how hard I try it will not go back to portrait mode unless I turn the screen off and back on

Posted via the Android Central App

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if it's hardware making the software act that way, though do you have any kind of new app or something

Did it happen since you got phone

Have you tried factory reset

Does this also happen on other wifi networks

Btw, don't mean to sound confrontational and bomb you with all these questions, just trying to give you a lead, help find out

Perhaps can try some utility apps, can check out the hardware? (system info app, etc)