Moto x 2nd gen text message delivery problems

pred_03

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone seems to lag delivering messages some times, it will say it had been delivered but who ever I'm texting doesn't get until hours later. Example.. I text a buddy yesterday at 4 pm.. My phone says delivered. Turns out he got it around 4am today.. Hahaha. Service hasn't been a problem as I've bee home since like 8pm last night.. Never had this problem with my note 2.. What gives?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Who is your provider? VZW has been terrible with texts lately. My wife's G3 and my OG X are having issues sending texts too.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having serious problems sending texts with my new X. I tried using different apps and getting the same failed results.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been having problems with VZW sending texts off and on. Especially with pictures. This has happened on my OG X, '14 X, my old Droid 4, my wife's old iPhone 4S and her current G3. So it's not phone dependent. I've also tried using VZW's messaging app with no improvement. It is getting annoying.

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this lately (also on VZW), but only when texting to iPhones running iOS8. I am wondering if this is a "handshake" issue.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this lately (also on VZW), but only when texting to iPhones running iOS8. I am wondering if this is a "handshake" issue.
It started to be an iOS issue but I get this problem no matter the platform. I've called VZW on it before with my wife's 4S and all they want to do is a factory reset. I went to AC's VZW forums but did not find anything yet. I might make a post on it and see what happens.

Karrie Gal

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Any resolution? Re: Moto x 2nd gen text message delivery problems

I continue to have this same issue, esp since I was upgraded to Lollipop. I've called my service provider and I do believe it's device related.

Sparksnorth

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any resolution? Re: Moto x 2nd gen text message delivery problems

Anyone having an issue where you send a text and it will duplicate or triplicate to the person receiving the message?

Renee Roberson1

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I have been having the same issue with my phone for quite some time now. I am with At&t and Iv called about this issue once before all they did was reregister my text messaging. It helped for a while but now the problem has started again and now a new problem is occurring, I can't answer my phone if I have an app open but when I first got my phone I could, now I have to exit out of the app and answer from the call log an by the time I do all that Iv missed a call. Its not a major problem bt its alil frustrating, especially wen I text a friend believing that they received my message when they never did.

Last edited:

Halofury

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

My moto 360 2nd gen just says "Sorry that didn't work, try again" when I try to send a text message ... some get through most don't

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay