Moto X 2014 Speakers

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the earpiece speaker "wiggling" or having some give to it? I noticed that mine looked pushed up this morning and can move it up and down.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Speakers

That screams out CHEAP! Mines been in the box for 2 days. Waiting for my screen protector. It should be here tomorrow I hope. I will check it when I get home. Either way I'd send it back if its like that.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

That screams out CHEAP! Mines been in the box for 2 days. Waiting for my screen protector. It should be here tomorrow I hope. I will check it when I get home. Either way I'd send it back if its like that.

I am. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I have not been using a case or screen protector. Not sure if it got caught on something in my pocket that caused it to wiggle.

Posted via the Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I am. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I have not been using a case or screen protector. Not sure if it got caught on something in my pocket that caused it to wiggle.

Could have been. Either way it should be tight. No wiggle at all I wouldn't think.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Could have been. Either way it should be tight. No wiggle at all I wouldn't think.

Agreed, which is why I am getting a new one. i was not seeing the same thing happen to the bottom speaker which made me a little concerned that after time it would fully break.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Nothing like that here. No creaks or rattles. The leather back is about 98% flush too. Been using a bumper as to protect the back and front though. I send it back if I were you though.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Nothing like that here. No creaks or rattles. The leather back is about 98% flush too. Been using a bumper as to protect the back and front though. I send it back if I were you though.

Already have the new one ordered. They were really good about getting me a replacement since the speaker shouldn't move at all. I just hope I don't have the same issue with the new one.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

A few people have an issue where the grills is not sitting horizontally, but on an angle, so you want to hold the phone up on an angle and look down on it to make sure the two pieces are flat.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

A few people have an issue where the grills is not sitting horizontally, but on an angle, so you want to hold the phone up on an angle and look down on it to make sure the two pieces are flat.

Mine were not. Was one of the first things I noticed this morning. Should have the replacement in a couple of weeks. Not that bug of a deal since they offered to replace the phone.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Plus I think these grills are more like a bumper so your screen doesn't get scratched if you set your phone face down with no case. Kinda neat.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I applaud your willpower.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I didn't use a case so I already had some minor dings on the aluminum frame and tiny scratches on the glass, but nothing major.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I didn't use a case so I already had some minor dings on the aluminum frame and tiny scratches on the glass, but nothing major.

Out of curiosity, do you have a black or white front?

I suspect that the black front scratches easier on the sides because they use a colored/anodized aluminum where as the white front just uses straight up aluminum ... However I have no way to substantiate my guesses.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Out of curiosity, do you have a black or white front?

I suspect that the black front scratches easier on the sides because they use a colored/anodized aluminum where as the white front just uses straight up aluminum ... However I have no way to substantiate my guesses.
Black, it have some small dents when it slipped out my pockets onto wooden floor. And just very tiny scratches being in the same pocket as my keys.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I tried several times on Moto-maker but gave up waiting for things to settle a bit on their site. I did get a chance to fondle one at the AT$T store though. Haven't washed that hand since... :D

I JUST got mine working today! Woke up at 5am to have some "me time" to get it working! Screen protector and everything installed! Just need to insert the sim after my morning run! Gotta a wedding to go to...Sounds like a good time to test the camera maybe? :D