Moto X 2nd Gen dialer crashing

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the phone dialer crashing randomly?

Posted from 2014 Moto X

I'll have to say no.

Did you load any 3rd party apps that might do anything with the dialer? If it's still happening, I might consider doing a factory reset and see if that fixes your issue.

2ntense

May 4, 2010
Visit site
We'll, I reset the phone this weekend and thought all was good and just a moment ago the dialer crashed again. I guess I'll see what Moto has to to say. Bumming me out.

Moto X 2nd Gen

Junin Marincolo

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem but with Moto G 2ng Gen because I disabled the default email app. If this is your case too, just enable the app again and the stock dialer should get back on track. I hope it was helpful!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem but with Moto G 2ng Gen because I disabled the default email app. If this is your case too, just enable the app again and the stock dialer should get back on track. I hope it was helpful!

It's not.... it was the Hangout app... and I disabled the default email app on my Moto X (2014) and my dialer works just fine. I only use the Gmail app for email.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Wow...that's weird. My dialer was randomly closing itself (not a lot, just a few times) but it was because I had the Email app disabled. Thanks!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow...that's weird. My dialer was randomly closing itself (not a lot, just a few times) but it was because I had the Email app disabled. Thanks!

They may be integrated somehow and disabling one of them caused the other not to have a certain function. I guess they have that warning before you disable an app there for a reason. Good info though.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Im still having that issue as well. I just reenabled hangouts still crashed. Checked to see if i disabled email, did not, and dialer still crashed. Quite confused at the moment

EDIT:

Did a reboot. Seems to be working now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay