Moto X (2014) car dock

tomnoir

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My new Verizon Moto X came yesterday! Very excited! But I am trying to figure out what to do about a car dock.

The Moto X fits in the dock I used for my old GS3, but plugging it in does not appear to launch any kind of car or driving mode. Is this a bug with the phone? Is the Moto X's car mode triggered differently from the GS3? Do I need to download an app or tweak a setting?

There don't seem to be any X 2nd Gen-specific car docks available yet.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The desk dock for the OG Moto X does not trigger dock mode on the 2014 Moto X either. I'm thinking that Motorola omitted the magnet at the bottom of the phone that allows it to recognize a dock.

Could be why they're not marketing a dock or car dock for this phone. Disappointing because I can't think of a flagship or midrange smartphone that they haven't offered docks for going back to their original Droid.

Makes me want to hang on to my OG Moto X until the 2015 model comes out.

Sent from my Moto X

KevinOF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't really answer your question but may be an ok workaround. Do you have bluetooth in the car? If you do try and app called tasker. With it you can set up a rule that if it detects the cars bluetooth then it runs the app to switch to driving mode.

Another way is to use NFC tags. You can get these on ebay for next to nothing. You then get an nfc app from the play store that will trigger on a specific nfc tag. Attach the tag to the car doc and set the rule in the nfc app to activate the car mode when the tag is detected.

You can also place a tag on a desk dock and get the phone to switch modes etc.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
With driving mode activated, I don't really think you need a dock mode. Driving mode does everything I would want a phone to do while I'm driving.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

geecka

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
With driving mode activated, I don't really think you need a dock mode. Driving mode does everything I would want a phone to do while I'm driving.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

My car goes into Drive Mode as soon as it connects to my VW, so I have to agree.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci