Moto X 2014 Dead Pixel

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I noticed a single dead pixel in the far upper right hand corner of my screen. And once you notice it, you can't un-notice it.

Would any of you consider returning a phone because of a single dead pixel? I'm leaning toward not, but I'm pretty picky about this stuff, and I'm curious about others' opinions.

Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Dead Pixel

Last night, I noticed a single dead pixel in the far upper right hand corner of my screen. And once you notice it, you can't un-notice it.

Would any of you consider returning a phone because of a single dead pixel? I'm leaning toward not, but I'm pretty picky about this stuff, and I'm curious about others' opinions.

Thanks.

Personally, I would NOT do it... you don't know what you would get... maybe a brand new one, maybe a refurbished one, maybe just someone else's return with a different back. It's a crap shoot... and if there is nothing else wrong with your current device except one dead pixel... I guess I personally don't go looking at my screen that closely to look for a dead pixel, I'm more worried if my device stops working.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

To me, it depends where it is. But normally, I've asked for a replacement. Most phones within 90 days are still new phones. Most phones haven't cleared the refurb process. To do it on such a new phone, I'm sure you're getting a new phone when it's replaced.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

It's right at the edge of the screen, so it's not totally distracting.

However, something weird happened. It appears to be gone. Maybe it was just a stuck pixel, but it doesn't seem to be there any longer.

Either way, I appreciate the input. I'm normally very picky about this kind of stuff, but this might be one I can live with.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I probably would not return it depending on location, etc. On the other hand my best friend would have been on the phone for a return authorization. Those type of things drive him wild. He would never be able to live with situation. When we were out yesterday, he pointed out there was now a door ding on my 1 1/2 old vehicle. He checks every time I drive.

The important thing is being sure you can live it for the next how many years.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm the same way about my phone and even my car. It's the little things I notice and how they affect me going forward. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781