Moto X 2014 ART or Dalvik?

anon(2345131)

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
What's your runtime? I'm considering switching it. Would you?

I had my old Moto X on ART, and my S5 on ART but S5 was getting buggy and would freeze.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: ART or Dalvik?

Switched to ART on my '14 X. Seems to run fine and haven't had any problems to report. No major improvements that I can notice either. I had the same experience with my OG X. With Lollipop around the corner, I figured I'd give it a shot.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just switched at ART last night to see how it is today. Curious, because dalvik has been ultra smooth for me with insane battery life, so I don't want any compromises..

lsulaker

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Art won't break any apps. It does make apps take up more memory storage though. I had it turned on the first week I had the phone and noticed the phone would randomly reboot and be extremely hot when it did so. I then disabled it and the reboots stopped but the battery life decreased. Last night, I turned art back on and already can tell the difference in battery life and no reboot yet. It is not placebo form me.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched immediately and have had no issues except one angry birds game was not compatible. My wife's 2013 x has been on art for months with no issues.

Sent from my XT1096

anon(2345131)

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Dalvik this entire time with out issues and battery has been good, though this is my first full day with my moto.

When I had it on my S5, the device would heat up, and freeze so id have to reset often.

For now, I'm good with Dalvik. Plus my work unit is only 16GBs. Without expandable memory, I have to better ration my data.

Good conversation guys.

PS. Thus far, I love this device. No comparison in smoothness versus S5 or even the M8. #Butter

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs