Defective screen?

fluffymangoes

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
my screen shows shifting grey lines when i watch videos, play games, scroll when there is a white background. it only shows when the background is white. on youtube i see these lines on the screen too. is this just a quirk to having an amoled screen or do i have a defective screen? is anyone else having this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sure sounds defective. Does it occur after a reboot? It might be worth doing a factory reset, but if the phone is pretty new, you may just want to bring the phone back to the store, show them the problem, and ask for a replacement.

kurveb03

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Thank god there's someone else with this issue. I've already replaced one phone due to a wiggly speaker grill and these lines were bothering me on my replacement device. I don't want to go through the hassle of another replacement but they very prominent on white backgrounds. With Lollipop having more white, I guess a replacement would make sense.

Posted via the Moto X 2014

fluffymangoes

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
yes very true. it seems like this only happens with amoled screens. ive done some research and it seems that this is a common problem. what a shame. im exchanging my device via motorola.com. i hope i dont get this defect again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance