alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having any issues connecting to "Connect" with their new Moto X? I am trying to connect for the first time this morning at work, and it's timing out and giving me errors. I had no issues when I left work on Friday with my 2013 X.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I had issues during my initial setup. Logging out and back in did the trick.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, tried that a few times actually. Even uninstalled Connect on both the browser and phone. I'll just keep trying, no clue why I cannot connect.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Before getting my moto x and being exposed to Connect, I used Pushbullet on older Thunderbolt and also have in tablet.

Shows you people calling, can reply to txt msgs on computer, can send files to all devices/websites linked, and it's all free.

You need pushbullet from the play store and search for it in Chrome extension on pc.
Works great.
My Asus tablet, and HTC Thunderbolt, and now my moto all push notifications as they come in onto my computer screen.

I think what I like best is, when searching for wallpapers or pictures/memes on computer, I simply right click to open picture in pc browser for full view, then I right click again and pushbullet it to my device... Next thing you know is that the image is saved in your phone's gallery.. Can apply image as background.

Can also push supermarket list, notes, maps.. Really useful app.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I've tried PB in the past, and liked it. I just found that Connect did everything I needed and never had any issues with it. I might revisit it, I might even be forced to. But, I would also like to find out why I am having issues with Connect. It may lead to issues with PB as well.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i am beyond frustrated. my 1st gen still connects just fine, so it's something with my new X. I have tried everything. i have multiple emails to motorola. I'm ready to box this thing up and send it back. I use connect everyday, and there is no reason my new X should not be working.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That is strange. I didn't have any problems switching my connect from the 13 X to my new one. I can't really think of a reason why it wouldn't work if it worked before. Any possibility you still have the 13? If so, maybe try reconnecting it then disconnecting it using the connect app on the 13 X then try signing into the 14? That's what I did when I got my new one..maybe it is worth a shot?

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd. Gen)

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Yes i do still have the 13. I unlinked it from moto services and then turned it off. Then i tried connecting with the 2014 X and still no go. I'm trying everything i can think of, but to no avail.

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Connect was awful for me. I'd get text messages a day late and couldn't respond. I just went back to pushbullet it works like a charm and has so many more options.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Connect was awful for me. I'd get text messages a day late and couldn't respond. I just went back to pushbullet it works like a charm and has so many more options.

I did like PB as well when I tried it. I have no problem going back to it. But, It will also drive me nuts knowing I cannot use the connect app and something is wrong with either the service or my new X. I use Connect daily, I like the simplicity and it does everything I need. I'd like to at least get it back as an option. Also, if it's something with my phone, which I doubt, I at least want to know before the return period is up.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Are you asking about Moto Connect? Or the app?

Posted via the Android Central App

Moto Connect. I used it everyday with my 2013 X on 2 pc's, a mac and a chromebook. Now, I can't get my 2014 X to sync with any of those. Something is blocking my new X from syncing with the Connect extension.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Moto Connect. I used it everyday with my 2013 X on 2 pc's, a mac and a chromebook. Now, I can't get my 2014 X to sync with any of those. Something is blocking my new X from syncing with the Connect extension.

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get this figured out? I got my 2014 X about a week and a half ago and I'm experiencing the exact same issues you were having. I'm also coming from a 2013 X that worked perfectly with Connect. No matter what I do, I can't get the Connect extension in Chrome to talk to my phone. It's quite frustrating.

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had issues with Connect off and on for the last few weeks. Two weeks ago it didn't work at all even after logging out and back in. Then suddenly it started working again. Today it stopped and won't reconnect at all. I have had Pushbullet running parallel to Connect with no problems.
Moto X 2014 on ATT

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it turns out it was because Connect was still trying to connect to my '13 X...as soon as I turned that phone on it connected to the Chrome extension. I un-linked my Gmail and Moto accounts from the old phone and went through the Connect setup process again on my new phone and everything is working now.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Well it turns out it was because Connect was still trying to connect to my '13 X...as soon as I turned that phone on it connected to the Chrome extension. I un-linked my Gmail and Moto accounts from the old phone and went through the Connect setup process again on my new phone and everything is working now.

That ended up being my issue as well. It was still linked with my 13 X. I tried everything, unlinking, relinking, you name it. Finally, factory resetting my new X worked. Not sure why it had to go that far, but it solved it so I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34