Wobbly/slanting power button?

jamalabd

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Got the phone a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it, except for a weird issue with the power button. The button functions normally, but if I push it inwards from the bottom half of the button it will slant inwards such that it's diagonal with the body of the phone rather than straight. I can press it inwards from the top to make it shift back to a parallel alignment with the body of the phone. If I press it from the top or the middle the button clicks in normally without slanting.

I thought I just had a defective model so I asked for a replacement, but the replacement phone has the same issue!

Did I just get really unlucky, or is this actually just a design flaw with the phone?

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Noticed this last night oddly enough. Not concerned though. It seems like a design flaw though. I have been using a case with solid plastic button extenders for 80% of the time. Unless it starts to malfunction I am not too worried about it. But I rarely use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

jamalabd

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. It's frustrating because the volume buttons are extremely solid!

Yeah, exactly! The phone's overall build quality is really good, it's strange that the power button is so janky. But I guess if this is a common issue then I won't worry about it.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't have this issue or maybe I just have not noticed it. I think the buttons are pretty solid. But then again I've been using a diztronic case since I got the phone, and that case encloses the buttons.

Posted via the Android Central App

jamalabd

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I talked to a Moto tech rep today and she said that this is just the way the phone is designed. She speculated that it's to reduce wear on the spring.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed it till I saw this post. I really wouldn't call it a defect personally. Especially based on the previous post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa