Moto X 2014 exchange process??

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Folks,

Does anyone here have any experience with the advance exchange process? The Ebony wood backing was peeling so I contacted Moto. They took my CC info and said they would hold about $100 (Fair enough) until I send the old device back. I have an RMA number as well. How long until I see some shipping info? Its an Advanced exchange. So I think they just send me what I ordered off of Moto maker. In any case with the reordering of wood did that fix most peoples peeling issue?

Thanks for any info!

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Assuming it's the same as the 2013, yeah they just send you the new one and you take the old one back to fedex once you get the new one. Simple as pie.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received mine. The wood back is tight as a drum. I contacted them though because it rattles pretty bad around the sim tray. They will send a new one. I'm actually debating if its too wide of a phone for my smallish hands though.

Posted via the Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just received mine. The wood back is tight as a drum. I contacted them though because it rattles pretty bad around the sim tray. They will send a new one. I'm actually debating if its too wide of a phone for my smallish hands though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fits m hand just right! What else would you get in place of it?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Fits m hand just right! What else would you get in place of it?
Well I had a first gen moto x and the size really was great. I bought a z3c for the size and It really surprised me on how smooth is ran and the functions. I sold it to see if I'd like the new gen Moto x as much as the old one but
it's just too wide and isn't as pleasing to use for me. I just pre ordered a new white sony xperia z3 compact through the US site and I'm returning the Moto. When it came down to it, with the battery life, dedicated camera button, camera itself, waterproofing and the fast processor, along with the size for my hand and pocket, it's the phone for me. I'll be happy with it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I had a first gen moto x and the size really was great. I bought a z3c for the size and It really surprised me on how smooth is ran and the functions. I sold it to see if I'd like the new gen Moto x as much as the old one but
it's just too wide and isn't as pleasing to use for me. I just pre ordered a new white sony xperia z3 compact through the US site and I'm returning the Moto. When it came down to it, with the battery life, dedicated camera button, camera itself, waterproofing and the fast processor, along with the size for my hand and pocket, it's the phone for me. I'll be happy with it.

Well I wish you the best of luck! :)