Omg I screwed up. Please help!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably shouldn't post this here but I just got my Moto x pure addition but unfortunately I feel it's too big. I got a return label for a refund through Motorola support. Today I dropped the phone!!! It now has some knicks on one corner of the metal the corner of the wood has a slight curl. I'm so screwed. What would happen if I still sent it back? Will the look at it a send it right back to me? Or would they just take off money. It's a custom engraved design so I'm assuming they would not use some parts. Oh man I already ordered a different phone and I need this money. I think I'm going to be sick..

Posted via the Android Central App

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Probably shouldn't post this here but I just got my Moto x pure addition but unfortunately I feel it's too big. I got a return label for a refund through Motorola support. Today I dropped the phone!!! It now has some knicks on one corner of the metal the corner of the wood has a slight curl. I'm so screwed. What would happen if I still sent it back? Will the look at it a send it right back to me? Or would they just take off money. It's a custom engraved design so I'm assuming they would not use some parts. Oh man I already ordered a different phone and I need this money. I think I'm going to be sick..

Sucks :( worst thing that could happen is they say no.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
. I'd sell it on Swappa but who the heck is going to want personalized phone that has some scrapes ? Will Moto buy it back at like half price?

habu968

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I would not send it back until you talk to customer service. They should be able to tell you pretty quickly what they will do. That sucks though.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you pay with a credit card that has accidental damage coverage? If so you could claim the damage, get a new phone, then return the replacement.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you pay with a credit card that has accidental damage coverage? If so you could claim the damage, get a new phone, then return the replacement.

It's a pre paid PayPal debit card so it's not like a regular credit card. I'll call them. The thing is that it actually had a bad rattle in it that I noticed and called about the same day that I received it. They said they'd replace it but then I just decided to return. Now they are just going to think I dropped it and that caused the rattle, but it was honestly just today. I can't believe I did that. I could kick my own ****.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Did a live chat and they said it's not a problem if is has scratches and light damage as long as the screen is not cracked and It is fully functional, they will return it. Wow I'm relieved! . The customer service part of Motorola is really great in my book!

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Did a live chat and they said it's not a problem if is has scratches and light damage as long as the screen is not cracked and It is fully functional, they will return it. Wow I'm relieved! . The customer service part of Motorola is really great in my book!

Make sure you copy that chat to cover your self.

Good luck.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12