Moto X Battery life?

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have heard many complaints about the new Moto X battery life not only here but on the Motorola forum. I use my phone (Moto x 32 GB Pure Edition) starting at 5:30 am and put it on charge at about 10 pm. My usage is a heavy mix of internet, music and business (email, text) use. I average 8000 minutes and 6000 texts a month. This is the first phone since my BB Torch that goes all day without a charge. I have used the following phones since my Torch:
iPhone 4
4S
5S
Samsung Galaxy S4
My question is this...those of you that are experiencing poor battery life...do you have a branded Moto X or a Pure Edition? I am wondering if the bloatware is killing the battery.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a Pure and I am happy with the battery except while I am at my shop. Bad phone signal. Here is my battery diagram for today. I am pleased. This is with 2.5 hours in a plane listening to music on Moto Buds.

79c3e01206467c53b09c6bfe8c464dc4.jpg

824177bbb8c065518b9fce56c125729e.jpg

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints at all myself. I don't run any kind of battery saving app, have all location services (including GPS) on all the time, and still easily last a day with use. Power users (who demand 5-6 hours of screen time a day with no fuss) probably won't be happy, but for me it's fine.

rsp35

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the branded Verizon version, but I went through and disabled everything that I wasn't going to use (translation services and language packs, NFL, other Verizon apps, etc.). I'm usually on wifi, have both location and bluetooth turned on, with my screen brightness set to 0. I can get anywhere between 10-14 hrs with a SOT of at least 3 hrs.

While the battery life could be more comparable to those of the Turbo or S5, you can adjust as needed. I love my phone, so I bought a TechMatte Power Bank (external battery) to use if I find myself on a long day trip or something other. They're $20 bucks on Amazon right now! IMO, it's a better (and cheaper) investment then the turbo charger or external battery packs they sell from Motorola.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I get 4 hrs SOT most days. Location on most of the time. No Bluetooth. Decent service most of the time.

It's fine. Many people(myself included) feel that moto could have easily made this phone have better battery life than anything outside of a Maxx or turbo, but instead they put just enough life in it to be acceptable. It's honestly fine though. Very few would not be okay with the amount or life it has.

Sent from my XT1096

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463