How is your leather back wearing?

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It's been almost two months since the new Moto X has been shipping and I'm curious how the leather backs are wearing. Are you happy with them? I am really intrigued by the leather back and think that's the way I and to go.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the navy leather back and it is wearing great. I had one scratch that I was able to massage out. I love it. I just orderer a bumper but other than that I will be naked..

Posted via the Android Central App

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the navy leather back and it is wearing great. I had one scratch that I was able to massage out. I love it. I just orderer a bumper but other than that I will be naked..

Which bumper and what color did you order? I am considering the navy leather back.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

How did you massage it out? Care to upload a picture?

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was skeptical at first. But it has proved to be quite durable and elegant. I definitely love it a lot more than my ebony wood version.

ISiddiqui

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine is wearing pretty nice. It's starting to get that leather wear-in look that looks fantastic! And is definitely a conversation starter.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a black leather one about 1.5 months old and it is practically scratch-free. I don't have any case or bumper on it but I am careful in not just throwing it down; I make sure I'm extra careful when sticking it in my pocket (i.e. make sure i don't have keys or other things in the same pocket).
Very happy with it though enough so I'm selling my HTC One M8

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the cognac leather since release. It looks exactly the same as the day I got it. No case either.

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any pictures of how the leather is holding up? I'd love to know what the wear looks like and if there is any peeling at all!

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Some pictures. Nothing professional

Attachments

• 4035.jpg
    4035.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 4034.jpg
    4034.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 114

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
That looks awesome, i can't wait. I have an ebony back on my 2013 X. Its a solid phone and the only thing I use is a tempered glass screen protector. The leather back is going to be awesome.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had the navy blue leather back with royal blue accents. So far it looks new still, I had it 2 1/2 weeks.But I do have it in a case while at work to help kept it clean .Its a Supcase Unicorn Beetle Series Frost/Clear Blue BumperBut at home I take it out of case.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had the navy blue leather back with royal blue accents. So far it looks new still, I had it 2 1/2 weeks.But I do have it in a case while at work to help kept it clean .Its a Supcase Unicorn Beetle Series Frost/Clear Blue BumperBut at home I take it out of case.

Funny, I do the opposite with the OG Moto X, I take it out of my case at work and throw the case in my drawer. My phone sits in its dock most of the time but if I do have it laying on my desk it's usually on a napkin or on top of my calculator.

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084