Battery issues with 2014 X?

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been having sporadic issues with the battery life on my 2013 MotoX. It has declined greatly since I bought it in May and had been very inconsistent.So after trying a few things that was recommended Motorola decided that it would be best I get a replacement. It was within a year and I had also purchased MotoCare.
Since it was a 1st gen MotoX the woman said they would send me what I had configured when I purchased the phone. I had first bought my moto I returned my first design and changed to a wood back within the first 15 days and was concerned they would send me the wrong configuration. She said not to worry.

Well they sent the wrong configuration. I called to send the phone back so they could send the right configuration and the person on the other end "seemed" to understand transferred me to someone. After the third transfer, I had had it. I told the person I was sending the phone back and I wanted a refund on the MotoCare I paid extra for. And when he put me on hold to transfer I just hung up.
Well about 30 minutes later I get a call from Motorola. He is very polite and said he wanted to address my concerns. He had already read my incident report and I did not have to explain anything. He offered to upgrade me (with the wood/leather option too) to the 2nd gen for no cost but to send my phone in after I get my new phone.

How has the battery held up for everyone?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
A free upgrade? Nice!

As I've said in some other threads, mine has held up very well. I typically get around three hours of screen on time during a 16 hour day with battery to spare (around 20%), and that's with no battery saving apps or turning features off (I don't usually have bluetooth on, though). Some people can squeeze out more by turning features and radios on and off depending on where they are and what they need, but I'm too lazy for that. Besides, three hours is plenty of time for my purposes.

Take a look at the big battery life thread. Some people are (or were) having issues, but you'll also see lots of people with no problems at all. Bottom line... yeah, it's battery could be better, but if you were happy with the life your original X got (before it started crapping out on you), then you'll be fine with the second gen.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Day two, running battery saver and accurate location mode and i have a day and a half on stand by and bout 2 hours screen time. Having learned from previous experience with bike lights its important to jog the batteries memory by fully charging it out ofthe box and letting it completely drain before recharging. i know its a pain in the **** since its not very convenient but so far, @ least in my mine. its worked.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The first few days of mine didn't do well but now a week in mine seems to be on par with my OGX. I am happy.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk