Moto X (second generation): Lollipop is coming

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
re: Lollipop is coming...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pure Edition gets Lollipop in the next two weeks.

While I know this is only an early build I'm disappointed they won't try to merge ambient display into their existing moto display. I love how much ambient display shows and how it lets you interact with notifications. It's just lacking the breathing and sensor support we all know and love from moto display. Maybe we'll see it in a future release. I'm sure their main priority is to get a quick release of Lollipop out just like with last year's Moto X.

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I like active display as is. Very low to almost no impact in battery and gives me all the info I need.

So if they do integrate ambient display I hope it's optional.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Looking at the release notes it will have both moto display and ambient display. Best of both worlds!

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

It looks like the X tradition of fast updates will continue! Woo hoo! Now if I had only gotten the Pure Edition...oh well. I'll be happy to get Lollipop whenever it comes.

Posted via the Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Can not wait to get my replacement X! Its totally grown on me. Not sure I can give this phone away! :p

motofanforever

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Moto X 2014 gets the Lollipop soak test!

The 2014 Moto X Pure Edition users who are on the Motorola Feedback Network got the update for the Android 5.0 Lollipop! But its just the next-to-final build. Its there to see if any bugs are there! But that means other Moto X users(like us) will get the update very soon, before the Nexus 5 most likely....your thoughts?

Sent from my uber-sexy Moto X (2nd gen)

motofanforever

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android Lollipop for Moto X 2014 Pure edition

Its risky and not the final build. In a couple of days we will get the final and official OTA

Sent from my uber-sexy Moto X (2nd gen)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Yeah. I could rattle off any number of ways this is a bad idea. Blogs should know better.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Does the X battery will get better on lollipop? If yes I will consider buy this instead of nexus 6 because I like how I can customize my phone.. Thanks.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Can not wait to get my replacement X! Its totally grown on me. Not sure I can give this phone away! :p

It's the perfect phone for me, and I'm one of those who is happy with the battery life, so it fits my usage patterns. As for giving an X away, I still haven't been able to part with my 2013 Moto X. Every time I think about selling it, I just can't. I suspect when the third generation comes along, I will feel the same way about my 2014 X.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X 2014 gets the Lollipop soak test!

It tells me the Moto X is definitely going to get the update very soon - particularly Pure Edition owners. Unfortunately for me I have the AT&T version so I will have to wait longer for it. Lesson learned, though, since next time I'm definitely going to get the PE if offered.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't do it. I'm more than content to wait for the final version once it's ready.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I would try to update my own with the XDA leak but I have a feeling we will all get updated next week.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

How soon are we talking here homies? Everyone keeps saying days. I was thinking at least another 2-3 weeks. I haven't been this excited for an update in awhile.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

Not yet, we didn't. At least, I didn't. #feelingleftout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12