Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition XT1095: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so Moto announces that the Pure Edition is done with its soak test and out on their website. Then pulls the update, but now releases it (with no roll out) for Verizon. Yet still has the gall to advertise the Pure Edition as the one that gets updates first. And the Pure edition is now back in a soak test.

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Because Verizon version is not a soak test. It's out for everyone. If anyone with a Verizon X can download it, versus 1 percent of the Pure version, they are first.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They can call it whatever they want, that doesn't make it so, as they clearly pulled it. Look on this forum and others or watch the android central podcast. It is not out for the Pure Edition beyond an initial test. As to why, that is simply pure speculation on my part. I just have a hunch the Verizon ota had something to do with it. They are the first to really get it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They can call it whatever they want, that doesn't make it so, as they clearly pulled it. Look on this forum and others or watch the android central podcast. It is not out for the Pure Edition beyond an initial test. As to why, that is simply pure speculation on my part. I just have a hunch the Verizon ota had something to do with it. They are the first to really get it.

Actually - it does make it so. The Pure Edition build was released publicly before the Verizon build.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Eh. Honestly, if I want to shoot in RAW I'm better served by using a DSLR. I don't think smartphone optics have yet reached the point where RAW is that useful, but that's just me.

Understandable. I'm just desperately trying to get better photos out of this thing. I'm trying to step my instagram game up and the Moto X is not helping.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting to see how there are some posts stating that the PURE EDITION has received the Lollipop update. That is clearly not the case as there are thousands who have received no update. So much for purchasing the phone that was promised to be the cutting edge of the line......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay