Lollipop Bugs

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky enough to receive lollipop today on my Pure Edition. Unfortunately, this nice software update came with some bugs. Here are the ones I've identified so far:

1. Bluetooth in the car seems to cause audio to play back at a faster rate than the normal 1x. This occurred in my podcast app as well as in Google Play Music.
2. Ambient display doesn't seem to work at all in the limited amount of time I tried it.
3. Casting the phone's screen to Chromecast does not appear to work.

If anyone has additional bugs or workarounds to share, that would be great. In addition, if anyone knows of a good feedback loop back to Motorola, feel free to share that as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As for the ambient display, I'm assuming you changed it to ambient display as in turned off Moto Display? From what I've seen/read you cannot have both ambient display and Moto Display.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As for the ambient display, I'm assuming you changed it to ambient display as in turned off Moto Display? From what I've seen/read you cannot have both ambient display and Moto Display.
Correct. I had Moto Display off. In fact, I don't believe it allows both settings to be on at the same time.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The review I watched earlier on the N6 was having issues to make the display work. So it's probably wonky.

Posted via Android Central App

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Attentive display is inoperable. The tutorial recognizes I'm looking at the screen, but when using it in an app the screen shuts down at the timed interval.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a Moto X without Moto Display, so no attentive/ambient display for me. I'll keep my Moto Display on, it's superior compared to ambient display IMO. On a side note, I did see a preview of an Moto X with L and it was acting odd too just like Photo_Drew noticed with the Nexus.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just a PSA:

If you are having problems after the update, the first step is clearing your system cashe.

If that does not work, you need to do a full factory reset. It is the only way to guarantee that the bugs are not from the flash of the OS, but rather actual os bugs. Sucks, but that is the way it is. Just remember to backup everything you can.

Sent from my XT1096

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a PSA:

If you are having problems after the update, the first step is clearing your system cashe.

If that does not work, you need to do a full factory reset. It is the only way to guarantee that the bugs are not from the flash of the OS, but rather actual os bugs. Sucks, but that is the way it is. Just remember to backup everything you can.

Sent from my XT1096

This x 10. I plan to clear my system cache when I get Lollipop regardless. I did it after KitKat with my 2013 Moto X and it fixed several issues, so I'm sold on doing that after an OS update.

jay_cee#IM

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed since upgrading yesterday:

Even though I am running Moto Display, if I hit the power button while the phone is asleep it activates Ambient Display. Similarly, when switching between user accounts it activates Ambient Display.

Not a huge deal, but it is kind of ugly to have them both active in different scenarios.

TheRydad

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I'll give it a try later. I didn't realize it was such a long procedure. I just figured I was not finding some little "clear the cache" button. :)

-rd

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you flash the soak test image or did you receive the 5.0 OTA? In trying to answer questions 1 & 3 i think the apps arent up to date yet which is causing them to act weird/crash.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Also go to Settings>Sound & Notifications and scroll down to the Notification section and make sure "When devise is loccked" is set to Show all notifications.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you flash the soak test image or did you receive the 5.0 OTA? In trying to answer questions 1 & 3 i think the apps arent up to date yet which is causing them to act weird/crash.
I received the OTA.
Also go to Settings>Sound & Notifications and scroll down to the Notification section and make sure "When devise is loccked" is set to Show all notifications.
I had this setting setup correctly, but it still didn't work. I honestly don't care because I like the active display anyway. However, the Bluetooth problem is really annoying.

tarcis

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I flashed my nexus 5 with the rom from google´s firmware site.
The only bug I have noticed so far is that in priority mode, whatsapp keeps ringing.
I Tried turning off interrupt for messages and for events and it still ringing

PS: Sorry, I Found this thread though google searching for nexus lollipop bugs, and only now noticed this is moto x forum. But It would be nice to know if this bug happens on motorola devices.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis