star in notification bar next to WiFi indicator..

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I confess to not knowing what "priority notifications" are, but I get that star whenever I put my phone in silent mode.

czwildcat

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
The start means that your on priority for rings and notifications. It will only show certain numbers to ring or not ring. To turn it off you have to push your volume button up or down then hit all.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
This really confused me at first too!

You access the "priority menu" (idk what it's really called) by pressing the volume rocker.

You'll see under the volume slider, there are three options. "all" means your phone will vibrate/ring for every notification you have enabled. Priority means only certain notifications will come through, the ones you choose (through settings menu). "None" means that nothing will make your phone ring, not even alarms.

You can set which notifications are "priority" notifications in: Settings > Sound & Notifications > Interruptions.

I've found that I select it accidentally sometimes. I've read that Google is changing the way this works with the next release.

Screenshot_2015-06-09-08-08-31.jpg<BR>Screenshot_2015-06-09-08-13-05.jpg

Leo7880

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I came on this forum after a star appeared on my HTC. In fact 30min ago I installed a spycam from playstore and tested that. It was set to film in secret in the background, and Android thus gave it priority. I kind of understand now why that star sometimes appears. It may do so with my vimtag Wi-Fi home camera app too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy