How do I buy a Moto X 2014 in Canada

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been waffling between a Nexus 6 and Moto X. I think I was leaning to a N6 just because I felt I could at least eventually order via play store. But now I think I want the form factor of the MX.

Anyone in Canada have any tips? I DO NOT want to go with Telus (only carrier right now). If I buy it outright from them though can I unlock it for virgin or bell?

I also checked Amazon and EBay... CRAZY prices there.

Posted via the Android Central App

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You could buy online and get it delivered to one of those holding places next to the border in the US to lower shipping costs and avoid duties, but otherwise Telus is your only official channel AFAIK. Telus uses the same same network Bell does (shared) so it would work perfectly after unlock. I think you'd still have to wait for OTA updates from Telus though.. Or flash them through a custom recovery

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Basically you need a US address to ship it to and a US credit card to buy it if you want to use Motomaker. I had a freind I was going to visit in the US buy it, and reimbursed him when I got to his place in the US. Phone was there waiting.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will be in the US in February. Are there any outlets to just buy one unlocked. (I would prefer not to buy it through any carriers so I don't have any logos or other software on it)

Sorry if this seems like a simple question but there are no such outlets in Canada.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol