Moto X 2014 Black Friday

jgauthier52

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone remember what the Black Friday deal was for the 2013 Moto X? I'm trying to get a from of reference as to what Motorola might do with the 2014 model.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Black Friday

Yes, I'm on Verizon and I got one for me and one for my wife for $349 each. It was discounted by $150 for all carrier models on Motomaker.

If you recall, when was this deal available and for how long? Was it just one day on Black Friday? Or was there a bigger window, starting sooner and/or ending later. Also, I assume Motomaker customization was available, correct? Thanks.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

If you recall, when was this deal available and for how long? Was it just one day on Black Friday? Or was there a bigger window, starting sooner and/or ending later. Also, I assume Motomaker customization was available, correct? Thanks.

There was a limited window, and I believe the deal sold out in under an hour. They had some technical issues, so they did an extra one the following week. The way that it worked was, you had to submit your email address during the window and then if you got it in fast enough, Moto sent you a promo code which you could use and design your phone at your leisure and apply at checkout for $150 off.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

There was a limited window, and I believe the deal sold out in under an hour. They had some technical issues, so they did an extra one the following week. The way that it worked was, you had to submit your email address during the window and then if you got it in fast enough, Moto sent you a promo code which you could use and design your phone at your leisure and apply at checkout for $150 off.

Sheesh. If Rube Goldberg and a Motorola CSR had a child it would be this...

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, I did a chat with Motorola to see if they had any info on BF sales (or better still just give me sale pricing now). They had no specific info but they offered to send info by email when it's available. It's Motorola CS so who knows if the email will even happen, but this could be another way to ensure you get the offer. Can't hurt.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

FWIW, I did a chat with Motorola to see if they had any info on BF sales (or better still just give me sale pricing now). They had no specific info but they offered to send info by email when it's available. It's Motorola CS so who knows if the email will even happen, but this could be another way to ensure you get the offer. Can't hurt.

Yeah, you're better off just waiting for them to refresh the twitter page haha.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, you're better off just waiting for them to refresh the twitter page haha.

"I'm sorry family, I'd really like to participate in Thanksgiving-related-activities but I need to stand by for Motorola twitter updates." #FirstWorldProblems #NeedaLife

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Retweet that guys. I'm buying on Monday if it goes on sale.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

This is for cyber Monday right? Your thanksgiving day is safe.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

This is for cyber Monday right? Your thanksgiving day is safe.

Correct. It was Cyber Monday last year as well (and I got 2 of them). Hoping to do the same this year. One for me and one for my wife.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Correct. It was Cyber Monday last year as well (and I got 2 of them). Hoping to do the same this year. One for me and one for my wife.

I hope it's a good sale. It doesn't have to be as crazy great as last year but a little something extra off would be so nice.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Well, their tweets say that when the RT number is reached they'll "unlock our #CyberMonday deal for you." "Unlock" seems to imply making it available.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

It will be $140 off on Moto X(2014) for Cyber Monday. Just saw an ad on third-party website, page refreshed before I could take a screenshot.