Moto X 2014 Battery case?

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I really like the idea of the Moto X and really enjoy the design too; however, I am not a fan of the battery life. I am wondering if anyone makes a battery case for the Moto X 2014. I thought about the Droid Turbo, but the X felt nicer in my hand and the Nexus 6 is a bit too larger for my taste. Plus, most tech sites are suggestion the Moto X over the Turbo and if smaller size is key, the Nexus 6.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery case?

Well if you put a battery case on it, you're going to lose the 'feel' of the phone, its going to be substantially larger than the turbo. So it sounds like the turbo is your best option.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Well if you put a battery case on it, you're going to lose the 'feel' of the phone, its going to be substantially larger than the turbo. So it sounds like the turbo is your best option.

What he said. A battery case would really kill the Moto X's sex appeal for sure. If it's a super-big battery you want and you're on Verizon, then I would also check out the Turbo, which is really that phone's best feature.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

True, but the battery case can be temporary, coming on and off as required.

So when you anticipate being away from a charger for an extended time, you use the case. Other times, you leave it off and enjoy your phone's ergonomic form factor!

Really depends on how often you need that giant battery.

Sent from my Moto X

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I would recommend getting an anker battery on Amazon. They are fairly inexpensive, and they are really good quality. Also, check out the Power Pack Micro. I carry it on my key ring, and I hardly notice it. It adds about %50 to the battery in my moto x.

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Well that anker isn't a bad idea. My ecig has a 2500mah battery that can charge other devices too, but I like the more stream lined approach of a case. While the Turbo looks to be a very good device, I prefer the speakers and how the front of the New X looks like.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Well that anker isn't a bad idea. My ecig has a 2500mah battery that can charge other devices too, but I like the more stream lined approach of a case. While the Turbo looks to be a very good device, I prefer the speakers and how the front of the New X looks like.

I use the mophie powerstation xl's and they are great. They've lasted me a long time and keep going.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Monoprice has several size portable batteries. I've bought 5 for myself and gifts over last couple of years. Never had an issue or had a complaint. Really cheap cables too. The micro USB are good quality.