Screen casting issue on lollipop

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I see the quick toggle for screen casting but when I try to toggle it, it just says "No devices available". Anyone having this issue?

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the Moto X is supported, few devices are. Also does not show up in the Chromecast app.

Posted via the Android Central App

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Moto X is supported, few devices are. Also does not show up in the Chromecast app.

I don't think this is the case. They added it as an experimental feature on 4.4, which only supported a few devices but, to my understanding it is supposed to be a built in feature with 5.0. Since the Moto X is basically stock android, I don't see why it would be disabled. If it wasn't supported, I feel like the toggle wouldn't show up either. I guess I could be wrong though.:cool:

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is the case. They added it as an experimental feature on 4.4, which only supported a few devices but, to my understanding it is supposed to be a built in feature with 5.0. Since the Moto X is basically stock android, I don't see why it would be disabled. If it wasn't supported, I feel like the toggle wouldn't show up either. I guess I could be wrong though.:cool:

I'm pretty sure only Miracast is supported until the X gets official google cast support.

smd9

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work on my 2nd Gen Moto X either (same error, no devices found), but I got the new Chromecast App and that lets me cast my screen fine. I suspect that there will be an update to have it working with the built in casting feature sometime soon.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but that's the case. The moto x isn't supported...yet. My nexus 4 & 7 both work on lollipop, but my Moto X doesn't. It's ridiculous, the toggle shouldn't be there if the device isn't supported.

My moto X works with the chromecast app though.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Moto X (2014) is yet to receive "official" screen cast support. When it does, you should be able to cast via the quick settings menu.

Until then, it is only a beta feature that can be accessed via the Chromecast app (and it actually works pretty well for me, although audio tends to dip in and out)

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe the Moto X (2014) is yet to receive "official" screen cast support. When it does, you should be able to cast via the quick settings menu.

Until then, it is only a beta feature that can be accessed via the Chromecast app (and it actually works pretty well for me, although audio tends to dip in and out)

^^This
Mirroring works through the chromecast app, not sure why the toggle doesn't work yet. Might be a switch someone had to flip at the Google machine.
I'm using the Pure Edition, running lollipop of course.

material yolo?

ROHIT RAVARIYA

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
My nexus 6 dosnt show the "enable wireless display " option in cast screen settings.. Does anyone has the same prblem ???

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is just accessible through the Chromecast's app while it remains in beta for the Moto X. Some devices have had the mirroring enabled on the OS level though. My G Pad GPE let's me mirror to my Chromecast from the quick setting.

Ahmad Bakr

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Happened with me as well. After upgrading my galaxy s5 to lollipop, chromecast connection was not possible. Tried reinstalling the app, but then I could not even configure again. Here is what I did:
1- Factory reset the device (long press on the button for 25 sec)
2- Download the chromecast PC setup file from cast.google.com/chromecast/setup/
3- Setup the chromecast on PC from support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456?hl=en
4- Try connecting again from the mobile app. It should work now, or reinstall the app.
Hope this helps.

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been able to Cast my screen on my Moto X 2014 Pure edition since I've had the phone. I've always been on lollipop. I participate in soak tests. When my phone updated to the latest version of lollipop, I initially got the same message. But I kept turning Cast Screen on and off until finally it started back working. I use a Belkin miscast adapter on my TV.