Moto X unlocked - Worthy Nexus 5 upgrade?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a two questions here.

I have a nexus 5 on t-mobile, which sadly lately has been having two major major problems.
- I get no service in my house or at work, and the nexus 5 doesn't support t-mobile's wifi calling, so I'm really out of luck when I'm in those two places.
- The battery discharges from full in like 4 hours max, even with great cell signal or when on wifi.

So the cyber monday deal on this thing is tempting. I LOVE my nexus and don't want to lose it, but I also just really want a working phone, and this seems like a good "close to pure google" compromise...

So my two questions:
1) If I buy this unlocked from motorola on cyber monday, would it support t-mobile's wifi calling/texting? Or does that only work if I buy the phone FROM t-mobile itself?
2) Does this phone "feel" like a stock google experience? Will it feel like giving up any of that freedom and simpleness of owning a nexus?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Caezar07

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The nexus 5 with lollipop is a very good phone and competitive to the Moto X. I'm sure you could easily get a replacement phone or battery from Google if you gave them a call.

It's really up to you whether you think the Moto X is a worthy upgrade. To be honest, besides the hand motion sensing, and the moto actions, the moto X doesn't offer much over the nexus 5. I guess the colors of the screen are more saturated, although the pixels aren't as sharp and the colors aren't as accurate as the nexus 5.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I would say that another carrier would fix your problems, but I don't know your situation. Low service areas will kill any phone battery.

The moto x is a great phone and the Monday price is a steal. If you can get one, I say do it. I also say looking into att or Verizon for better service.

Sent from my XT1096

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Pure Edition. Can't use wifi calling. Not a big deal in my book. Haven't had any issues with the phone on T mobile. Why not the Nexus 6? It is a TMobile supported phone still. Not that much bigger than the MotoX. Like a big brother actually.