Camera improvements with lollipop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The L camera app gives you more control than the 4.x camera apps, but I've seen better control with some of the free apps on the Play Store months ago.

L won't change the quality of the camera itself, just what you can do IF the camera has the capability. (IOW, if the camera API in your phone allows a shutter speed adjustment, an app can do that, but if the phone doesn't have someplace in the firmware for the app to do it, the app can't.

Besides, 10MP camera with 4.1 camera apps can take great pictures - if you're a great photographer. If you have no idea what the rule of thirds is, or what depth of field is, you won't take good pictures with a Hasselblad 503CW (and that's a $3,500+ camera). If you aim the metering point of a cellphone camera at a light, don't wonder why the picture is dark. (Most people don't even know where the app they use meters - is it spot? If so, where? Or is it average? Or weighted? It makes a huge difference in the quality of the pictures you take - a lot more difference than how many megapixels the camera has.)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The camera at launch is prone to a lot of blur and lack of clarity. While there is not an impressive improvement in noise reduction, I can honestly say that there is a HUGE improvement in clarity and crispness of photo quality with Lollipop for the X 2014. Check the "Post your pictures" thread. Until the 5.0 update, I didn't want to even bother posting any pics. After 5.0, there's no doubt it's a capable shooter. HUGE improvement IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol