On my Moto X (AT&T), why does my wifi only connect when mobile data is turned off?

TrappedOn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
2014 Moto X (AT&T) Wi-fi only connects when mobile data is turned off.

My wife and I both have 2014 Moto Xs on AT&T, roughly 3 weeks old.
My phone is 100% great, however her phone will only connect to Wifi networks if mobile data is turned off.
I've tried everything, and can't get it to work correctly. It will either show the list of networks associated with the device with the word "disabled" under the most recent network, or be stuck on the blank "Searching for Wi-Fi networks..." screen.

Any ideas?

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 2014 Moto X (AT&T) Wi-fi only connects when mobile data is turned off.

I hate to be the guy, but have you tried a factory reset?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I both have 2014 Moto Xs on AT&T, roughly 3 weeks old.
My phone is 100% great, however her phone will only connect to Wifi networks if mobile data is turned off.
I've tried everything, and can't get it to work correctly. It will either show the list of networks associated with the device with the word "disabled" under the most recent network, or be stuck on the blank "Searching for Wi-Fi networks..." screen.

Any ideas?

Friends S3 (on at&t as well) did this... When she updated her software it fixed the issue so either wait for the lollipop update or unfortunately try a factory reset. I don't understand why this happens but from what I was reading when I was trying to get her phone to connect to Wi-Fi it seems its something to do with at&t models only. Hopefully someone can chime in with a better solution.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

jruzzano

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I am having this exact problem and have been searching for a couple months for a fix. Have you found one?

If it helps, I also have att. My two kids have Moto X 1st gen and they do not have this issue. Neither does my husbands Samsung.

The worst part is that I can't receive pic or group texts without mobile on and would like to keep it on but really need it to reconnect to wifi automatically when I return to my WiFi. HELP!!!

jruzzano

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

CORRECTION, mine is happening when mobile is ON. I started a new thread. But anything you found out, I'd still be interested in trying. EDIT, forget that, I just re-read and it is the same problem I'm having! Duh!

jruzzano

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I ended up doing a factory reset. When I started the phone I skipped the ATT Ready2Go setup (easy set up for wifi, contacts, email and other accounts) I connected to the wifi and I am able to shut wifi off and on again without having to turn mobile data off. I don't know if it was the reset or skipping the ready2go app that fixed this. Hope this may help someone else along the way.

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

I wonder if the att app is similar to sprints connection optimizer where its supposed to automatically switch based on signal strength and etc... Perhaps turning that off will help in this matter

Posted via my moto x 2014 or droid turbo, whichever I'm using at the moment

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek