Cases for 2nd Gen Moto X

Ron Iovine

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I love the DuroCase I picked up a couple of weeks ago: Amazon.com: DuroCase ® Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen. 2014 Kickstand Bumper Case - (Starry Night): Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a softer rubbery inside with a hard shell outside. The rubber is thick enough to be protective of the corners. The screen recess is plenty deep enough to be protective but doesn't interfere with screen access in any way.

The kickstand, while not great, is very functional and a nice addition that I have come to insist on for my cases since my Thunderbolt got me hooked on a kickstand on my phone.

The case fits, barely, into an old neoprene case I bought for my PalmPilot 3C years ago. It should fit easily into any number of leather cases available (anything built for the Galaxy Notes, for example). I had a cheap leather holster that fit my Optimus G Pro with the OGPro version of this same case on it, and it worked fine (and the OG Pro is considerably larger than the Moto X 2014). It was a super cheap leather case that fell apart quickly, but size-wise it was good, so there should be plenty of options there.

The case makes the phone much easier to grip by widening the edges so I'm not trying to grip it by the thin aluminum. It feels a lot less likely that I'll drop the phone and is much more comfortable in my (large) hands. The cutout for the "dimple" is very large and easily accommodates using the dimple for ergonomic grip. All other cutouts are pretty generous, with the possible exception of the headphone jack if you have a headset with a really wide plug (not a problem with any of my headsets, but some are a teeny bit snug).

It also flattens out the curve on the back of the phone a bit and leaves a "flat spot" about 3/4 of the phone wide while still tapering the edges to approximate the ergonomics of the original Moto curved back. This makes it easy to hold while still allowing you to set the phone down on a table and tap away at the screen without the phone rocking and spinning about like a Jack Russell Terrier.

Your mileage may vary, but for me this is the perfect case, and is available in quite a few styles. I bought my Moto X in black plastic resin without MotoMaker, though, so I don't mind covering up my phone.

+1 on the DuroCase, I was having the same issues as Nate WRT grip, rocking etc. It solved all the issues mentioned and I really like the kickstand, mine also came with a wand, which actually comes in handy if your hands are dirty or just for general use.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Given the recent Amazon sale, I'm sure there's a recent surge of 2014 Moto X owners (me included). My 2013 bit the dust recently and I've been using my son's old one (he bought a OnePlus 2), and I jumped on the sale at Amazon. I was very disappointed to see that Seidio never made any 2014 Moto X cases/holsters. Like the OP, I'm a holster guy.

Thanks to this thread, I found that the Galaxy S5 is very close in size to the 2014 Moto X. After a lot of looking around I decided to order the Seidio Dilex holster for the Galaxy S5, and the Incipio DualPro case for the Moto X. The case arrived yesterday and holster arrived today, and I have to say it's a perfect fit. If I didn't know any better I would think they were designed to work together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE