Moto X Canadian compatibility

Invisible Hand

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I want to confirm if the unlocked version ("Moto X - Pure Edition with T-Mobile SIM") is compatible with the Virgin Mobile (Bell) and Rogers networks, specifically in and around Calgary? From what I can tell by looking at the various radio band charts I could find, the answer is yes, but I'd like to be sure.

Second question (and I apologize if this is somewhat off-topic): what's the best way to actually order the phone from Canada? I've heard that Moto Maker won't ship to Canada, and also that they potentially won't accept Canadian credit cards. So far, I've built my phone and inputted my credit card into my motorola.com account (it seemed to accept it), but haven't actually tried to make the purchase (I'm waiting on the answer to question #1).

If they won't ship to Canada, what are my options? Is there a reputable company that I can have it shipped to, and they will reship it to me? (I'm a fairly long ways from the US border, so picking it up myself isn't really an option.) Or is my best bet to have it sent to a friend in the US, and have them forward it on?

kreep

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I had an American friend order mine and once it gets to her place she is shipping it to me. I should get it just before Christmas. That's the only way around it. You need an American address and credit card. The address can't be a PO box or a shared shipping place like so many of us Canadians use near the border.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835