Widgets Stop Updating

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem with my Moto X for some reason my widgets stop updating on the screen. My clock will stop updating as well as my facebook widget. The only way that I can fix this is through a reboot. Any ideas on this? I forgot to mention that I am running Lollipop.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Any 3rd party launchers installed and running, or all stock?

Any task killers?

Did you by any chance freeze/disable any apps in app manager?

Any kind of app installed such as Qualcomm app which reduces refresh rates?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
widgets arent 5.0 compatible? maybe? check the build date on play and clear the cache of each and reboot.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Any 3rd party launchers installed and running, or all stock?

Any task killers?

Did you by any chance freeze/disable any apps in app manager?

Any kind of app installed such as Qualcomm app which reduces refresh rates?

Thanks for the reply! I have Yahoo aviate installed however it is not running. And not set as the default homescreen. So stock :).

No task killers installed.

I did not freeze\disable any apps in the app manager. I also do not have any app that reduces the refresh rates.

scuttlefield

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same problem on my Nexus 6. Occasionally, all my widgets (Google Now, Google News/Weather, Gmail) will freeze in Google Now Launcher. I recently did a fresh image flash of 5.0.1 and I'm still having the problem. Sometimes if I run the Google Now Launcher app, it will fix the problems but generally takes a reboot. I'm thinking it's a glitch in the launcher.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to drag this tread back up, however I received a new phone (dang dropping it) and the issue still persists with the new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs