On my Moto voice for Moto X 2014, why aren't a lot of commands working?

NSLondon

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Moto voice for moto X 2014: a lot of commands are not working, please help

Hello

I am writing because I am very disappointed with my new moto X (Pure Edition UK) and the moto voice / moto assist and I really hope someone is going to be able to help me.
I have noticed that a number of commands don't work with my phone:
1) the goodnight / goodmorning command, that I can see working in a number of youtube videos published when the new moto X was release, is not working, instead it opens a search for the word "goodnight" or "goodmorning" in google chrome.
2) The "talk to me" command does the same, it opens a search in google chrome for "talk to me" and I can see that it works for a lot of people on youtube.
3) Sending text: for this one everything looks like it is working until the end of the process where I go as far as "Message sent" but then when I go to the text app, I can see that no text has been sent and none of the people I have tried to send text received it.

I have downloaded and updated the latest version of Moto Voice and Moto Assist, and already had a discussion with someone on the online chat who was completely useless as he did not know the moto X at all.

Please help me, I was looking forward moving from iphone to android and this is a massive disappointment. I am really considering returning the phone.

Thank you.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto voice for moto X 2014: a lot of commands are not working, please help

I had to go into accessibility and check mark Moto Voice on mine to get everything to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

king3r

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto voice for moto X 2014: a lot of commands are not working, please help

I resolved this issue by enabling Moto Voice within the Accessibility settings but it only began working once I rebooted the phone. Hope this helps others.

Last edited:

Sal Santiago

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Will Google address the OK Google issue or are we all screwed?

Not a word from Google concerning why the OK Google function no longer works on the phones of MANY MANY MANY people.

Geez,is it too much to ask that Google at least tell people ANYTHING about this problem ?

Chrome works fine ,but I bought this phone for the purpose of being able to use that hands free search function (OK Google) .

I would love to hear a Step by Step solution put in "laymans" terms. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool