Camera not working..

hjorth

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I just updated to lollipop on my european moto x 2014 and then I tried the flashlight toggle, and it was working just fine. However after using the flashlight the camera doesnt work anymore. I just get a error message. Camera has unfortunately stopped. Anyone have any ideas whats going on??? I have even flashed the stock kitkat firmware and it still wasnt working..

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
ok, here's something random to try...
it will, or I should say, this app, *should* utilize the flash and camera, though not for a picture. (we want to see that the hardware is talking to the software and vice versa)

It's a heart rate monitor app, this is the free version (letting you know I have the pro version, so you know it's not too random & rogue - you may even have it)

try installing this and launch it to see what happens. Like I said, it should ignite the flash as well as turn the camera on. Once it does, you can place your finger on the lens (if you want) to check your heart rate.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...odula.android.instantheartrate&token=E8500uB9

It's strange how or why, though sometimes installing/removing apps help the device's OS as a whole behave like it's supposed to.

I'm curious to know what you find out

if it does work, then we know the camera CAN work and it's not a hardware issue which it really shouldn't be. then we move onto step 3 :)

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
seems as if something has stubbornly blocked access to the camera - it could also very well be the camera
I believe our phone's hardware is protected for 1 year by motorola.
however, before we go that route, the only thing I would recommend is to do a factory reset.
It's a pain, especially after you've set up your apps/email/etc, however motorola may also tell you to do the same anyways.

curious, when you updated to lolli, did you OTA and install or did you clear system cache too?
it is not mandatory to do so, and it shouldn't be, though it seems recommended to factory reset or at least clear system cache before this update.

by doing a factory reset, we will check to see that the OEM stock software is able to successfully talk to the hardware, without any 3rd party apps installed even better

another question, is the flashlight you used the one from the notification drop down shade, or a 3rd party app?

also something random to try, turn on flashlight and then try and launch camera

does at least flashlight still work?

oh yeah, have you tried a hard reset/reboot? (doesn't wipe personal data)

hjorth

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have tried to factory reset several times.. Still doesnt work. I used the stock lollipop flashlight from the quick settings, and now the flashlight toggle is gone. Guess I have too get a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs