Does the moto x 2014 ship with a sim cad?

mlink

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Moto x 2014 from Motorola and I am waiting for it to arrive. I am migrating from the Droid razr m staying on Verizon's network.

Do you think Motorola will ship it with a new sim card? I am not sure if they take the same size sim. I need to know if I should stop at a Verizon store to pick a new sim card prior to its arrival.

Thanks for your help.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The XT1064 direct from Moto does not come with a SIM. I called T-Mobile and persuaded them to send me one free ... I am on a family plan and have four devices, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
It should be on the Motorola's site but yes it does come with a Tmobile sim card. I had to purchase another one though so I could get the $30 a month plan from Tmobile but luckily for me I still got it for free.

rite11ken

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
It should be on the Motorola's site but yes it does come with a Tmobile sim card. I had to purchase another one though so I could get the $30 a month plan from Tmobile but luckily for me I still got it for free.

Why did you have to buy a new T Mobile SIM even though you are using the T Mobile network?

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

From my understanding, the $30 Tmobile plan won't work with the one that the phone came with. Either way I still got the new one for free and it's a great plan.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
From my understanding, the $30 Tmobile plan won't work with the one that the phone came with. Either way I still got the new one for free and it's a great plan.

I managed to get it working with the $30 plan but I already had the plan. All I had to do was call T-Mobile and give them the new SIM number. Last phone had a Micro SIM card. Needed a Nano SIM.

rite11ken

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get it working with the $30 plan but I already had the plan. All I had to do was call T-Mobile and give them the new SIM number. Last phone had a Micro SIM card. Needed a Nano SIM.

So I am guessing that Moto X needs the Nano SIM and that's what Motorola sends it with. So doesn't the Nano SIM sent by Motorola with the phone work for a T Mobile plan? I myself have the Simple Choice Family plan currently and getting a new Moto X.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I am guessing that Moto X needs the Nano SIM and that's what Motorola sends it with. So doesn't the Nano SIM sent by Motorola with the phone work for a T Mobile plan? I myself have the Simple Choice Family plan currently and getting a new Moto X.

The SIM card it shipped with works fine with my existing $30 plan. I don't recall even noticing that it included a T-Mobile SIM when I ordered it. I think the email confirmation mentioned that it was included. That was really nice because I didn't have to order one through T-Mobile or go to a store. Took about 5-10 minutes to activate.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm a new $30 a month plan so it maybe different. Tmobile seems like the perfect plan for this as it is ultra fast at least in my area way better than virgin mobile.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a new $30 a month plan so it maybe different. Tmobile seems like the perfect plan for this as it is ultra fast at least in my area way better than virgin mobile.

Yeah I am enjoying that plan a lot more now that I have an LTE phone. Before I had an HSPA phone so I would normally get around 6-7 Mbps if I was lucky. With an LTE phone it is now usually just as fast (if not faster) than Comcast at home! Haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2